Storyliving By Disney

And there it is. The Imagineering story pointed this out candidly. Every Disney CEO wants to leave “a mark”… This could be ol’ Chappy’s.

Just wish it wasn’t a skid-mark.

4 Likes

Who would’ve thought we would pine for the time Eisner was in charge of Disney. :rofl:

7 Likes

I just hope that they can get the Yeti working in this new community.

5 Likes

Wait, are these plaids or IT?

8 Likes

Looking back on it, was Eisner’s biggest downfall actual poor management, or the lack of funds to bring his vision(s) to fruition, so his needing to cost-cut everything looked bad?

Cause with Chappy, we know the funds are there.

3 Likes

Which was, of course, exactly the problem Walt himself always faced.

2 Likes

This sounds kind of like Golden Oak, in other locations, without theme park perks.

2 Likes

My sense is he got spooked after Euro Disney, which caused him to lose his nerve. After that he defaulted to austerity. That was exacerbated by the Dot Com bubble, 9/11, and Enron, which really pulled the rug out from under ambitious capex for several years.

5 Likes

Makes sense given how much EuroDisney cost. And disney wasn’t exactly the powerhouse it is today (it was still a powerhouse, but not… Skynet-levels of power like it is now), so recouping funds would take time…

2 Likes

Also what came to mind.

1 Like

Well that’s a marketing strategy that would work on me :rofl:

download (2)

5 Likes

I think you chose a bad example. Most of us don’t like the overly political arguments.

What you should have said was:

argue about whether M&Ms are a soup in person

6 Likes

The fine print says:
" Disney is not the developer of Cotino , a Storyliving by Disney community or the builder or seller of homes within Storyliving by Disney communities; third-parties developing and building are independently owned and operated. Disney does not guarantee obligations of, nor provide any warranties for, the construction of community infrastructure, recreational areas or unaffiliated parties who build homes in the community."

So is this a licensing deal?

4 Likes

This is common for planned communities. The “planner” designs and envisions, but other developers come in to execute it.

We live just down the road from a planned community. It was designed by the same folks who designed the neighborhood featured in The Truman Show. But all of the actual builders involved are independently run, in charge if different sections.

2 Likes

I did on purpose for my own selfish comedic enjoyment/shock value. I don’t actually ever again wish to talk about that M&M nonsense. :joy:

In reality, the snack/soup debate could actually be fun in this hypothetical liner community. Maybe. :smile:

5 Likes

Maybe I will open up a snack shop there…and sell butter beer and milk shakes.

9 Likes

I changed my mind. Let us never revisit that discussion again. :joy:

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That’s what I assume is part of it, use of the Disney name and brand. I also assume Disney will require sole sourcing a Disney owned or approved management arm for day to day operations of the HOA and community attractions as a requirement of the licensing agreement. So they keep more direct control of execution of their vision so others don’t sully their legendary hospitality, and maintain a separate source of revenue stream, while not taking on direct risk of real estate and development costs. Just a guess though.

1 Like

Good lord, I can’t imagine what the monthly HOA dues would be.

though if Chapek has his way: 5 children’s souls and a kicked puppy?

2 Likes