Step into San Fransokyo Square at Disney California Adventure Park, Beginning

2 Likes

How do they keep making DLR so much better, but WDW get’s Moana water fountains?

4 Likes

Although, this is effectively just a re-skinning of what is already there. Nothing really is new, is it? Moana is an entirely new experience, by comparison. (Not that I think the Moana attraction is a great addition…but it is an addition, nonetheless.)

I kind of see this change as just more of the same for Disney lately…a lot of fanfare for accomplishing…pretty much nothing. :confused:

3 Likes

That is fair.
I do hope it establishes a solid M&G, though they don’t commit to it, do they.

I think at DCA they have done the reskinning pretty effectively. I was last there in 2019 when they wee halfway through with the retheming of Paradise pier to pixar pier. I. That tine they have opened Pixar Pier with cute thenes and reused rides that are nice for families plus lamplight lounge, created the Avengers campus. Once this area is redone to the Baymax theme I think they will have a really fantastic, highly themed back half of the park.

2 Likes

Do we know if dining in this area will be closed durinf the retheme? My only issue with DLR restaurants is the limited menus make it hard to find something for everyone in my family. The Wharf area was going to be my solution to this!

2 Likes

I saw something today that said the wharf restaurants will still be open.
I will warn you against Lucky Fortune Cookery. I keep giving them chances because I typically love Asian food. But every time, it’s just not good at all. It’s finally off my list and I will not be tempted again. There is too much other good food in DCA to eat there again!

3 Likes

Which are my favorite Disney words TBH

1 Like

Good to know. Because the idea of ramen and potstickers for DD and street tacos for DH is tempting. But not if the food is bad - when there is so much good food in the parks!

1 Like

Right? It doesn’t have to be complete redos. I wish they had done the Mary Poppins addition to England in Epcot with a couple of kid rides. It would have beem charming and given families a bit more.

3 Likes

The ramen was what I got last time…giving them a last chance…and it was not good at all. Threw most of it away. The pot stickers aren’t terrible, they are hard to mess up.
The street tacos are a much better option, or anything from the Pacific Wharf. Also Flo’s is just around the corner.

1 Like