Staying offsite--- RotR boarding passes

Hmm. That’s not proof. That’s the page you will see if you are trying to join too soon! Not sure that helps much.

1 Like

No, that’s step #2 in the 3-step join process.

1 Like

1 Like

You don’t need step 2, actually, if you wait until 7:00:00! :slight_smile:

(Or alternatively, you can wait on Step 2 until 7:00:00, and then click Join! But if you click Join on step 2 before 7:00:00, you end up back at Step 2.)

2 Likes

I know some people have started out on the virtual queue page and not the home screen, is this how you did it?

1 Like

I’ve done it both ways. But whether you are on Step 1 or Step 2, if you click “Join”, it will take you right to Step 3 as long as it is 7:00:00 and not any sooner. If it is sooner, and you are on Step 1, it just takes you to Step 2. And if you are on Step 2 and you click Join, it will take you back to Step 2. So, Step 2 isn’t really any progress at all. It is only when you see Step 3 that you are actually making progress.

2 Likes

That’s strange, I’ve practiced many times at 7:00:00 or 7:00:01 and it always took me to step #2 next. :thinking:

1 Like

To be fair, I only did it from the Home screen once (in August). The times I did it in December, twice, I started from the Step 2 screen…but I was on the Step 2 screen about 5 minutes beforehand. I say this because I can’t discount that Disney modified the flow so that the Join button from Step 1 always takes you to Step 2. Because back in August, we were still doing it at park opening (10:00 am) and not at 7:00 as well.

1 Like

Ok I see. So you haven’t encountered the blue join button at 6:59:59 from the virtual queue screen that you start at correct?

1 Like

I don’t know you mean.

Five minutes before 7:00 I would be on the second screen. At 7:00 exactly, I press join, which takes me to the third screen immediately.

1 Like

I’m just referencing that first screen shot I posted. Thanks for your explanation!

2 Likes

Thanks for all the good info. Yes, I’ve synced my $20 wristwatch to UTC (and will do so again that morning in Lake Buena Vista) and will be using it to click Join at precisely 0700 EST. I’m going to experiment the next few days regardless.

Should my wife also try at the same time (same account) from her phone using WiFi as I’ll be on Sprint, or is that considered taboo?

Just wanted to share this thread, which explains a lot. I know previously I had heard that the 3 step process is recommended over the other one.

1 Like

Did the join button automatically appear at 7:00, or did you have to swipe down to refresh? I thought the button wasn’t visible before 7 from this page.

OK, after more investigating and testing here’s what I came up with. There are 3 different methods to attempt a BG. In each method I waited til the world clock hit 7:00 and still needed to do 3 steps for each of them. Not sure if anything was changed on WDW’s part. Let me know if it’s different for anyone else that has tested it lately. Maybe it’s 2 steps on an Apple and 3 on an Android. :grimacing:

Method 1 (preferred by users)
Step 1: Hit Join from the home screen ROTR card
Step 2: Hit Join from the “Join Virtual Queue” page
Step 3: Hit Join on the “Create Your Party” page

Method 2
Step 1: Swipe down from the “Join Virtual Queue” page

Method 3
Step 1: Hit Join Virtual Queue from the “My Queues” page

3 Likes

My anxiety is freaking out just reading this. What are the odds I’ll meet a nice CM who will try for me (post covid, early December)? Like if I go to guest services or ask some nice retail CM in GE? That’s a lot of pressure to put on a family who only visits once every 4 years or so. My heart races when I try to get Blizzcon tickets before they sell out too =(

Well that would only work if they make ppl come into the park to get a BG. But there is the second drop too

1 Like

I might try it for the second drop. I don’t have our tickets yet so I can’t even practice. Or maybe I can. I think when I tried a few months ago, it wouldn’t let me past the first page. I should try tomorrow before panicking.

1 Like

You can practice without tickets. It took me a couple days of practicing before figuring what worked for me. I say this so if it doesn’t work on your first practice, don’t give up!

4 Likes

It’s really very simple. Just tap 3 times and you’re in, only takes 3 seconds. :wink:

In all seriousness, you’ll be fine. Don’t worry. Lots of time to practice and get acclimated. :grin: Us guys are just way too technical.

Remember the 2 most important things: have a clock with seconds to count down and have at least 2 people attempting.

2 Likes