Status of Forum Technical Questions and Issues

@missimouse, thanks. I’ll definitely consider it, while continuing to hope they work out the javascript issues, esp. since we make up about 10% of the users.

@lentesta Might “Load speed” be an apples to oranges comparison? Loading 100k quickly can still be slower than loading 20k slowly. :wink: Is google actually measuring how fast a page can load (regardless of size), or how fast it delivers per byte? Must be a lot of caching going on.

And while there aren’t 100k pages of data here, as @brklinck notes, one must load more pages more often to navigate around. It’s just the nature of the beast compared to chat. So again, it might be an apples-to-oranges comparison.

Nevertheless, none of this negates that the improvements are noticeable & were accomplished very quickly, so that’s what counts. Impressive.

@ejj - have you tried Opera? I switched from firefox (hey, isn’t there a badge for that? ) and I find it loads much faster.

And I agree. Staff has been right on top of this. Kudos to them for the hard work.

I hate that I have to sign in every time I come back. Every. Single. Time. Drives me crazy, especially when I am just checking in cuz I have a minute or two…is there a way to fix this?

@skygirltkw probably a browser setting. I’ve logged in once on each computer/device.

What browser are you using? Firefox and Opera allow you to remember passwords. Still have to hit the “Sign in” button, but at least you don’t have to type anything.

@ejj and @Agent_C using safari…turned off the private browsing, exited out and came back, this time it asked if I wanted to save password, fingers crossed that did the trick…thanks!

Yeah, although I usually use private browsing, sometimes it’s a pain. Hope it works for you.

Privacy, security, and ease of use are so often incompatible concepts these days. Sigh. Each must balance these competing concerns. :-/

1 Like