Star Wars Resort reservations to open this year for 2021

A sense of movement initially (when you are “shuttling” to the space resort) is fine but a constant or ever so often movement…no. I am fine with long plane or elevator rides, cruise ships, even touristy caves, but I don’t know about this one. It could be the darkest of “space.” And the prices are gonna be a heck of a lot higher than quoted here.

1 Like

But none of that is official in any way, no details have been released on price or number of people in a room.

And, as I said, the errors in the article make me highly suspicious that they have any inside scoop.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree. :slightly_smiling_face:

Well it looks like I have to eat humble pie on at least the occupancy of the regular rooms.

According to this article, they say that at D23 the following was announced:

“According to news out of D23, a cabin on the Star Cruiser, which sleeps five, starts at $3,300.”

However that still leaves the starting point of $3,300 without any further elaboration from any Disney source. Which means any other figures being bandied about are just speculation.

And the big argument raging everywhere right now is whether $3,300 is per person or per couple.

The article is here:

There is a video on this Disney Blog page with more of the same teaser info. It does say that rooms sleep 5 people, but no mention of price.

Disney Parks Blog: Starcruiser

That video made my heart go pitter-pat.
I hope they let me bring my own Rey costume.

I don’t think you’ll want to do that. :smirk:

If it stays true to some original hype: you get a set of clothes/costume as part of your trip. It’ll remove likelihood of seeing “Mickey” And random vacation garb on the starship.

Hmph. My costume is NOT random vacation garb, mister!
I bet it’s better than anything they give me. But I’m on board with free clothes, though TBH I bet they won’t fit.

No no, you misunderstood. Random vacation garb = shorts, t-shirt, goofy-hat (literally goofy, not just a weird hat), etc… things you’d expect to see in a Disney Park, not a galactic starship

IF they do it this way, I suspect it’ll be very West World-ish. You’ll arrive, pick out your clothes from a closet of options while on “earth”, then “board”

2 Likes

While I’m not one to dress up for the parks in any way, this makes sense in terms of an immersive experience.

This (the whole experience/resort) is extremely intriguing and if done well, could be an awesome experience. It will be interesting to see if they can fully pull it off and avoid the “gift shoppy” vibe.

1 Like

Well, I’m sure we’ll exit through the gift shop, but that’ll be at the end of the two day experience. I hope.

1 Like

Like you’ll pick out a jacket, a belt, a shirt, pants, and boots. And maybe a hat/head gear (like a Twi’lek shown in this concept art)

But, to be fair, most of the Concept art for Batuu didn’t have people in regular clothes either. So basing it strictly off concept art is probably not a great idea.

But it would be very cool. Walk into a room, choose your gear, go try it on, and if it fits, proceed to the next point. If not, pick out something else and go with it. Sorta like Savi’s.

Probably won’t offer blasters, cause of kids, but that’d be cool if they did.

Yea this is what I’m curious about. The shops and restaurants in GE were, to be honest, rather vaguely masked as authentic to the land rather than typical park shops. but when you are selling t-shirts, mugs, plush toys etc its kind of impossible to make that into something else. Same goes for restaurants, besides Ogas, but you’re also going to have to have QS restaurants so how to make those not feel like a thinly veiled version of any WDW joint will be a challenge. I guess I’m saying that I’m super curious to see how it works out!

2 Likes