Star Wars Galaxy's Edge and new crowd calendars

Looks like you have it filtered on the sun and fun offer. You need to remove that filter to see the full rack rates and availability.

4 Likes

Unless they have an AP or park hopper, there is no where else to go. If they buy a 1 day 1 park ticket, they are “stuck” at HS all day.

In their Youtube video, the Tour Plan team explained they expect an additional 10% increase at MK and Epcot, and 15% at AK - due to the SWGE announcement.

They also explained that the crowd calendar for HS is for that park … EXCLUDING SWGE. so for example one of our days is a CL 6 for HS. That 6 is for the existing part of the park. SWGE will still be maxed out at “10”.

It will be interesting to see how Disney will handle it. If people bought a ticket that isn’t a park hopper and the land is at capacity, are they really going to turn folks away from going somewhere else? When they can’t keep up with the demand and are preventing them from actually using the ticket for what they purchased it for?

lol, well now I feel silly. Thanks @mam915. I thought I turned that filter off, but obviously I didn’t. Now I’m seeing the availability. That makes me feel a lot better about my dates now.

2 Likes

I searched with no filters and saw approximately twice as many completely booked hotels for the week of the 17th vs the week of the 10th.

Yet the crowd calendar continues to show the week of the 10th as quite a bit more crowded…

According to Touring Plans attraction page:

While Savi’s Workshop is technically a shop, it still gets very long lines. Savi is a scrapper who is sympathetic to the Resistance and has been slowly gathering lightsaber parts over many years. His hope is that a true hero will find him and have the ability to construct a real weapon. Luckily, that hero is you (and your wallet).

Fourteen guests are allowed in at one time to create their story, and then their lightsaber. The choices are: Peace and Justice (Jedi), Power and Control (Sith), Elemental Nature (raw and inspired by nature), and Protection and Defense (ancient). From there you choose your kyber crystal, which powers the lightsaber and gives the blade its color. The choices are green, red, blue, and purple and each gem has the capability to be removed and added to a holocron cube (purchasable at a different shop) to hear lessons from previous wielders.

The prices start at around $109 for the hilt and $50 for the blade and go up from there.

you (and your wallet) :heart_eyes: only 109 bucks… GEEZ - I’ll take 10. Thanks for explanation. So this will be another 0 wait attraction FOR ME

1 Like

Yes they are saying the increase at AK is because they anticipate Star Wars and Avatar goers are mostly sci-fi fans.

Yes and they are saying in regards to level 10, this will be a maxed level 10, not like a regular 10 on the plans. I think they even said it has been discussed to say level 11. :slight_smile:

Good question. That ticket should be good for EP, or AK if they can’t get into HS at all … or its good for a year for another day at the same tier price. We had a reservation since Jan. Now mid Sept doesnt look so quiet. We’ll see what it is actually like while we are there, but totaly ok with skipping HS altogether.

1 Like

Glad you’re feeling better about your dates. The Disney website is really glitchy. I have to keep going back in and taking filters off multiple times.

Thanks! It’s super glitchy. I had to switch from chrome to Firefox as my browser to actually get the site to correctly apply/remove the filters and see the availability!

You mean the Star Wars land, or the actual park? If they have already gotten into HS, but GE is maxed then those people will just have do other stuff in HS. If they get to HS and the park capacity is already maxed then they will be turned away before their park ticket is even used and they are free to use it at another park or come back another day to use it. And yes, they will turn people away if it reaches max capacity.

1 Like

We will be going the third week of September. Was hoping to miss SW opening like the rest.

So odd. I always have to switch from Firefox to Chrome/Torch to use Disney’s website properly.

1 Like

So, I think my issue mainly had to do with cookies being saved in the browser. Once I tried the incognito mode, it eliminated my issues!

1 Like