Star Wars Galaxy's Edge and new crowd calendars

I’m not saying it won’t be mental! But I am saying that even on CL1 days, most rooms will be booked.

2 Likes

yea - I’ll see how it goes @terp05, but I REALLY want to do SDD and MMRR (assuming open) - yes it would be fun to just at least walk through SW:GE, but not planning on that. Perhaps if they offer EMH TSL I will do a few rides and get the heck outta dodge. But just refreshing other parks plans, wait times have gone up a bit there too…nothing horrible, but still up

2 Likes

We have had a week in mid Sept since Jan, then SW:GE was announced. I had a knee jerk reaction to cancel, but glad i didn’t. Found a few confirmations where the other parks won’t feel much of the crowding.

See ya in the parks in September.

2 Likes

Same thoughts on SDD for us. I was going to see if they open up EMM for TSL for the dates we’ll be there and then work that in to the schedule, then bolt after park opening. I guess we’ll see.

I also read somewhere that in the fall, they are cleaning, renovating rooms so the number of rooms available is generally decreased. I read that on the Internet. So perhaps that might explain some of why rooms are "all’ booked.

I’m curious as to how the awesome peeps at TP were able to figure the predictive crowds for the rest of the parks. HS is understandable, but from so many other groups I’ve been getting non-stop “It’s going to be insane EVERYWHERE!”. I know overall WDW will be more crowded, but how did TP figure the crowd levels? I’m going Sept 15-20 and was pleasantly surprised the other parks weren’t too terrible. Anyone have any insight?

Poor Star Tours!! Although, seems like a great time to ride it over and over in a row to experience the different outcomes!

I’m sure there is a method to their madness. But really for quite some time the focus of most people’s attention will be on HS, specifically SWGE! So that will reduce the traffic at other parks dramatically. Look at my post above. Look what SWGE is going to do to Star Tours! It’s gonna be a ghost town there.

An increase at DHS doesn’t decrease traffic at other parks, unless the no. of guests stays the same WDW wide.

I think this will buck the trend, and cause an overall increase elsewhere too. A lot of those headed to WDW will be new visitors.

what is savis workshop?

How do you get this view? I’ve never seen this layout?

https://touringplans.com/hollywood-studios/wait-times/date/2019-08-29

Was this for non discount rooms? When I checked for our dates (18-22) there was still availability

This is for all rooms, not just discounted, for 9/28-10/4. I just checked again. So there is availability as of this moment, but its the GF for $606/nt or BC for $788/nt. That’s it…

This is my thinking too. Galaxy’s Edge will have a capacity limit. When that limit is reached, I’m assuming others will (very unhappily) need to go elsewhere, right?

2 Likes

The live YouTube broadcast I just listened to about crowds reported they increased other park attendance by 10% except Animal Kingdom by 15% because it attracted more or less the same demographics as Galaxy’s Edge-but is this just guessing? I never heard where those percentages came from. Have to admit I was a little disappointed the podcast talked more about Galaxy’s Edge than projected crowd levels and their implications.

That’s been my thought. They will (presumably) already have paid for tickets and not want to waste them.

What dates and party size did you search with? When I search as of today (3/13/19) there are tons and tons of rooms available. I am searching for Sept.14-29th.

I am worried because I am booked Aug17-24 and currently there are a LOT of fully booked resorts. Meanwhile, for the week of Aug10, there is TONS of availability and only 2 fully booked resorts. Makes me wonder if we should switch our dates, or if people are just flocking to the week prior in order to avoid the opening week.

Considering either switching to the 10th and dealing with “6” crowds or at least switching resorts (currently at fully booked BCV) to avoid a packed pool…

That’s what a few people have told me, so I decided to screenshot what I’m seeing… Am I searching incorrectly? Or maybe my MDE is screwy? I thought maybe it’s because Rosh Hashana is during the week of 9/28-10/5? Our school district has 2.5 days off this particular week. That’s why we chose it. We’re already booked for a party of 4. But for for the purpose of checking availability I put in 1 adult.