Star Wars Galaxy's Edge and new crowd calendars

I’m not concerned what the estimates are for HS and SW:GE. Even if the HS has a CL of 7+ and separate SW:GE line, we are avoiding HS altogether. While I am a Star Wars fan - I hate the “T” layout of HS, even with a low CL.

Its the OTHER parks i’m interested to see what the Touring Plan team thinks.

2 Likes

Fair dos. My lips are sealed!

1 Like

Annnnnd, apparently not.

The TS was going into the space behind the Cantina, linked to it a bit like HBD at DHS. That land looks prepped and ready from the aerial photographs, but they haven’t built it.

Not sure why. Martin over on WDWMagic only became aware from the aerial photos, but doesn’t know why. So if he doesn’t know, almost no one does.

I’m wondering if they’ve decided to add outdoor seating in there for now. It’s disappointing for sure. Hopefully it can be added later.

Oh that’s super interesting! I’m sure they will eventually do a TS in addition to the QS. One of those seems to be more of a kiosk as far as the menu items so it’s a good idea to have 3 options for all those people!
I wonder if they decided to wait because of your ADR theory. Similar to the no FP at first theory. And people could park it in the TS and not leave which would make it hard for them to turn over tables and get all the ADRs in.

Trying to be patient waiting for new crowd calendars to be posted. Hopefully today!

Our 180 day mark was today so I went ahead and booked our dining. Got all that we wanted except 1. Hoping that bodes well for crowds but I will say the system appeared to be very busy at 6am when I was trying to book our dining. It was slower than it is other times.

99% sure we’re continuing with our September trip so looking forward to seeing what the updated crowd calendars anticipate the crowds to be, especially in the other parks.

2 Likes

Well done. Just out of interest which ADR was unavailable?

We were looking for a breakfast at Tusker House day 5 of our trip. We were able to get an 11:15 lunch but absolutely nothing was available for our group size (5) earlier than that. I have put in a reservation watch here to see if TP finds anything.

Oh dear…did you try splitting the group?

I don’t believe I can at this point as only my daughter and I have reached our 180 day mark. My cousin’s family doesn’t reach their 180 day mark until Friday of this week. My child does not have her own MDE account so it’s not possible to book half the reservation under her name. Friday we could try that though when my cousin and his wife reach their 180 day mark. Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

I think the crowd calendars have been updated. It is now showing 8/29 as a 10/10 at HS… whereas the other parks and 3 are 4. I hope this holds true. Our trip in late Sept shows only modest increases from 1s and 2s to 3s and 4s for MK, EP, and AK.

1 Like

I surprised the calendars have not changed very much overall for opening week. I am feeling better about our trip which is during the 8/29 opening

2 Likes

Thanks! I’d like to believe those numbers are correct for the other parks but still skeptical! I now SWGE will attract some locals but I have to think others will book brand new trips to visit SWGE and not all of those people will only visit that park.

Time will tell. We’re keeping our early Sep trip but will be surprised if the cc for the other parks does not begin to rise as we get closer. Would love to be totally wrong about that though!!

1 Like

yep…I think they have been updated too. My October trip changed by 3 or 4 points each day for HS and AK

Blog posting is up also

I’m totally skeptical, because for our trip in late Sept it’s showing HS at between a 6 and 7 and all the other parks at 3 and 4. But, when I checked MDE for resort availability there’s absolutely no rooms available! I can’t see how that all adds up…

1 Like

@bethro23, maybe it was a good thing you held on to that reservation! Maybe things won’t be as bad as we initially thought. But, then again, I’m a little skeptical. It’ll be interesting to see how these predictions hold up. In my preliminary plans, I’ve completely avoided putting a HS day in the plan.

Wow new crowd calendar out mid Sept.
If accurate, i am pleasantly suprised.

Thanks TP team for all your insights and statistics guru’s.

2 Likes

Most visitors to WDW don’t stay onsite, so that’s not much of an indicator. The resorts are close to full all year round.

2 Likes

I’m just worried, because I just planned our Sept trip a few weeks ago (before the SW:GE announcement) and I had my pick of resorts and rooms. But, I truly hope you’re right :slight_smile:

There are other threads on the site about people making “ghost” reservations for some shadey reasons.

1 Like