Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser - any liners planning to book this?

:laughing:

3 Likes

Next question:

2 Likes

what does a child need with a hotwheels car?

2 Likes

OK this got me recalling a Twilight Zone episode “Stopover in a Quiet Town”…

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/lentesta/status/1496984586278035458?s=21

7 Likes

From Len’s actual reports, looks like we have to embrace it & go with a character. Will have to tell the kids about it early enough to prepare & hope they’ll go along with the play.

4 Likes

I’m going as some sort of royalty. The husband is going as a scoundrel. My son is going as a child being summoned to the dark side.

My daughter is going as either “a complaining teenager who doesn’t want to be on this trip” or “someone who is lost in space”.

4 Likes

She could be a princess… just saying :joy: Yes, teenage girls. Could always go with a rugged/ spacelike/ renegade/ space punk/ too cool for this type of thing type of non-actual character. Research and find some clothing that =s cool. Don’t let her know she’s “in character” , just you want to get her some new (Disney) clothing so she can blend into the background. Obviously if you like it, that’s not it. Wait till you see something and go ,OMG, who wears that. THAT will be the costumes (albeit deceiving one).

Yeah. Those are not unique to planet earth I’m afraid. Hope she has studied well enough to pull it off!

3 Likes

For your daughter, she could watch some of the Clone Wars episodes (season 7, episodes 5-8) featuring a teenage Ahsoka Tano, such as when she was with a couple teen sisters, Trace and Rafa Martinez, who were very independent with strong personalities. Your daughter might get some ideas for clothing - and attitude found in Star Wars environs.

1 Like

An update from my family:

Initially we were planning to do the Galactic Starcruiser next May (2023) when we take my wife’s parents with us to WDW / UOR. However, after reading that many of the activities require a minimum age of 7, we decided to defer our trip until our youngest is 7 (4 years or so). Also this will allow us to save more money and pretend to be more frugal. :joy:

Right now our long-term plan is:

2023: WDW & UOR trip
2025: DCL & WDW + UOR?
2027: SWGSC & WDW + UOR
etc.

We also plan to continue going to DLR in our off-years, or in addition to WDW.

9 Likes

My kids are older (11 and 15) but they seemed to have a LOT of activities for ages 7 and under. One of our few complaints is that we had a lot of downtime (and we were very active participants). One of the downtime periods was when there were only “lothcat crew” activities, which are recommended for ages 7 and under. There were definitely some plans that little kids got to partake in that adults otherwise didn’t and some other plans that adults wouldn’t not have physically been able to do. In the meetings for the side I was on, littler kids also got some special attention.

From what I have read, they had a special lightsaber class for under 7s (originally they were saying under 7s would miss this).

They were definitely babies on our cruise so all ages are welcome. That being said, I think it would be hard to attend with a toddler but also that any vacation is hard with a toddler. :joy:

2 Likes

That is helpful to know! There are multiple reasons to defer this once-in-a-lifetime experience until the kids are a little older, but maybe we’ll do it in 3 years instead of 5.

If it’s once in a lifetime, make sure you pick the ideal ages and work around that.

1 Like

I’m jumping in after a while- have told the boys now- DH announced it on DS’s 18th birthday. They are reassuringly excited and planning being some sort of adopted long lost Jedi offspring. Details to be worked out once ds18 finishes his exams in 2 weeks.

I do still feel it’s too much money, but DH was set on doing it as a final fling before DS heads to medical school. So will scrimp at home and go with it

5 Likes

I will tell you what I tell my clients after doing the cruise myself… once you experience it, you understand why it costs so much. The cast is amazing, and it’s an incredible experience. Feels “worth it” after doing it. I hope you find the same thing! May the stars guide your way!

3 Likes

I’m sure you’re right -that’s pretty much what Len/Hank said too which is what persuaded us to keep the booking. Just feels like a lot of money now we’ve paid it :grimacing:
I was worried the kids might be a bit unenthusiastic, especially as they do know what it costs, but both are pretty excited. Could be our last full family trip (Tho expect ds18 will tag along places if we offer to pay) & it’s been delayed 4 times over 2 1/2 years- you only live once!

2 Likes

I’d forgotten about this tgread- but if anyone still after feedback, our starcruiser tine is at the start of my trip report
https://forum.touringplans.com/t/long-awaited-hodg-trip-w-starcruiser-report/89302?page=12

2 Likes

We are all signed up for the TP/Hill Media GSC for March 30!!

You’ll get to be in space with Hank- brilliant!

2 Likes