Star Wars Day...May the 4th be with you

We are planning on being at WDW in May 2020 and will happen to be there for Star Wars Day. How much do you think this will influence crowd levels?
We are assuming HS will be nuts that day…do you think so? Will it effect other parks as well?

Welcome to the TP Forums!

I remember this being talked about this year and I remember hearing that it didn’t make much difference. Maybe someone else who was there this year could weigh in.

However, whatever this year was like may not compare at all with next year’s since SW:GE will be open. I’d say expect busier crowds and be pleasantly surprised if they are lower. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to our playground!!! I don’t think enough people even think about/remember Star Wars day. :cry: I wouldn’t be worried.

1 Like

We were there this year on May 4th. They had a special After Hours event at Hollywood Studios, but we stayed away from that park (I think we were in Epcot). We didn’t notice any big impact on where we were.

2 Likes

We also plan on avoiding HS that day although it seems like it could be fun but with 2 littles, it just won’t be worth it if it IS crazy. Glad to hear it didn’t seem to impact other parks. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes. Sounds like the approach I’ll have to take! :slightly_smiling_face:

Don’t worry about the crowds. You see what’s happening with SWGE in Disneyland. SWGE will cause Hollywood Studios to be a ghost town. Disney will lose so much money from the lack of interest, they’ll probably close down Hollywood Studios.

So I just realized I will also be there May 4th, so I’m definitely going to HS that day.
I was also looking to see what after hours for any parks of that week. Nothing is listed so far for HS (probably because its only january) but I did notice that MK has after hours in May ALL monday nights except for Monday May 4th. I’m hoping that correlates to something special to be offered at HS on may 4.