Standard room at Movies vs AoA family suite

Hi guys,

My reservation is currently for a standard room at AS Movies but I see some new availability appeared for Lion King or Cars family suites at Art of Animation. Now, of course it would be better to upgrade but I am wondering if anyone has tried both and could tell me if it would be worth the additional 1500$ ???

I canā€™t compare the resorts directly as Iā€™ve never stayed at AoA, but it is rated much higher than the ASMo. Two things to consider are that Movies is undergoing refurbishment right now I believe and so rooms will be new with 2 queen beds (one will be a table bed). A suite would have sleeping space for 6 including fold down table bed and sleeper sofa. How many do you need? We travel as a party of 6 and prefer getting two rooms together (have done POR and CBR last few trips) as feels bigger and technically sleeps 8. We prefer actual beds over fold outsā€”although I think there will be fold down table queen beds in the new ASMo rooms like the new Pop rooms. Hopefully someone here will correct me if Iā€™m wrong.

1 Like

We stayed in the Lion King suites and the theming was spot on, the extra space was a god send but the best bit was the dedicated buses. Especially as we could grab a bus for Pop and walk over. Would definitely stay again

1 Like

2 queen beds at Movies !!! Now that would be AWESOME !!! :smiley::smiley::smiley:

My reservation says ā€˜ā€˜standard room, 2 double bedsā€™ā€™ thoughā€¦ :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

To clarify because itā€™s a very important element, we are a party of 3 only, including a 7 year old boy. We donā€™t plan being in the room much. Actually, the queen bed at AoA was pretty much my biggest draw cause our boy sleeps with mommy and daddy (alternating nights for each parent) when we travel and he moves/kicks/pinches/bites/drools/sets fire to beards a lot while sleepingā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have a 7 year old like that too! I probably wouldnā€™t upgrade to a suite for a party of 3 Maybe a moderate resort for that price increase?

1 Like

Yeah I wanted a standard room at a moderate but nothing is available. If Movies really does have 2 queens, weā€™ll be more than fine. :slight_smile:

Did you look at Pop? They do have the two queens

Yes I specifically asked for Pop but nothing available. At first (early Aug.) there was nothing at all available so I was about to book at Disney Springs and at the very last minute some rooms at Movies opened up (including some preferred rooms). By the time I got to making the reservations, no more preferred rooms were available so I got a standard. Now, it is my understanding (not sure at all I get that right), that all new reservations at Movies (including mine) involve refurbished rooms. I hope so cause I just confirmed on several websites that that would indeed mean 2 queensā€¦

For my dates, the only upgrade possible that I care to pay for is what I mentioned. I am NOT willing to pay 2335$ a night at the GF !!! :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

I donā€™t know about the ā€œall new reservationsā€ get refurb rooms but I saw somewhere that the refurb with queen beds at ASMo would be done by November so thatā€™s only 2 more months, so hopefully they will all be done by your trip (I donā€™t think you said when you were going?)

1 Like

LOL Iā€™m going Nov 3-10 so maybe Iā€™ll get the very last non-refurbed room !!! :stuck_out_tongue:

That would be MY luck!

Yeah me too !!!

We are AoA at the moment, also as a three. It is fantastic. The space is great and very easy to use, the beds are brilliant. The food court and pool are also amazing. Buses are direct also.

1 Like