Squeezing in another trip? A lament

I can’t remember if I asked this before…but is it at all feasible to bring Calvin along? He may not be able to join you for the parks, but he’d be there when you return for the day? I don’t know…just thinking out loud (figuratively speaking, that is). Not sure how he’d be in a kennel each day for that long.

They may have fun doggie daycare options if he likes being with other dogs. When we go away our boarding “kennel” has a zero entry stoned in pool for the dogs to swim in complete with turf so they don’t get muddy. Special treats, walks, and even extra cuddle time if you sign them up for it. His vk costs almost as much as ours though! Lol!

In principle, yes. But at vastly increased cost. Step 1: Get Calvin to America. No way I’d put him in the hold on a plane, so the only option is taking the Queen Mary 2 to New York. Even that would feel “cruel” — dogs are confined to the kennels area: for six days. Calvin’s a whippet — he lives to run. And every night he’d be sleeping in a cage with no human contact, which he’s never done and would hate.

If I lived in America it would be a different story. YC takes dogs, and WDW has doggy daycare. Although both are expensive.

1 Like

Yeah. This evokes memories of my dog growing up. When we’d go on vacation, we’d leave our dog home alone (he was an inside/outside dog with a dog house outside in the garage when the weather fine) and have the neighbor come and feed him daily. But we’d be gone for 2 weeks, and he would get downright depressed. He’d spend his days, apparently, perched on top of the hill (our yard was on a hill) just staring down the road watching for our return. When we did come back, driving up, you’ve never seen a dog so happy to see anyone! He’d literally start running around the outside of the house in circles, about 3 times. I think he may have generated a sonic boom in the process!

Don’t rack up any debt on a holiday @ryan1 2020 will come round fast enough. If you can’t wait that long, then work out if you can save money on in other ways.

@profmatt I think you’d enjoy a cheap holiday just as much, what about a moderate with free QS dining? and don’t go in the summer when it’s so hot. Calvin would not enjoy a trip to America. My Mum lives in France and uses House sitters over the winter, she only does places with cats, but there are people out there who would look after Calvin for free in return for using your home.

1 Like

Surely you jest! :wink:

No, no. I wouldn’t. To paraphrase Eddie Albert: “Debt-free living is the place to be!”

2 Likes

2020 is a lot sooner than 2022!

1 Like

This is true. Although, our last Disney Trip was in 2016. 2016 to 2020 is four years. Your last trip was in 2018. 2018 to 2022 is four years. So, I’d say we’re about even! :wink:

Oh wait. Not really, since we did Universal in 2018. So that gives me the advantage.

Okay, fine. You win THIS round.

Your budget didn’t mention a new friend for Cobb…