Spring break 2022-will it happen?

Those sound like awesome options!

1 Like

Would this work? One reservation to a deluxe resort where we would stay if there ends up being a discount, second reservation at the moderate, with tickets attached (in the past it’s been cheaper to do tickets separately? Is that still the case? Do we think the whole “reserve a park” will still be around in a year?)
And then plan C would be off property, where I’m just going to assume we can get a reservation closer to the time of the trip if that’s what we decide.

Our original plan was a split stay for 5 days each at YC or BC and then 5 days at WL or another MK area resort. With prices what they are, husband is leaning towards off property for at least half, on for the second. I’m considering a moderate (or value) for the whole stay, or maybe 2/3rds of it. Basically, we like eating good food and having money for souvenirs, splurging on dessert parties (assuming night shows are back). With prices what they are, deluxe resorts for the whole time would not allow us to do that.

What do you guys think? TIA.
Also, just to add, it’s always fun to come back and see familiar “faces”! You all have helped me so much in my planning in the past and I really appreciate it all!

1 Like

My personal opinion will be that park reservations will be permanent. But that once they allow 100% capacity, they generally won’t matter. This is my logic. Even pre-lockdown there were days that parks reaches capacity and they’d turn people away. Those turned away were very unhappy customers and it probably wasn’t pleasant for the CM’s that had to say “No MK for you.” Park reservations give the CM some cover when they can say “Did you have a park reservation?” Also, Disney has already done the IT work to implement it so it is no/minimal cost to keep it. Reservations automatically prioritizes non-locals that plan their trips ahead of time over locals that decide that morning to pop over. Disney likes that. Also, with their reservation pools they can limit the number of the offsite AP’s.

You can make your reservations after you have tickets. In fact what I did was to only have the tickets loaded when I made the reservations. That way my park reservations were from the offsite pool of reservations and our reservations won’t be cancelled if end up staying entirely off-site.

Too bad you aren’t going two weeks in Jan 2022 like we are. My current plan C, is to physically stay in the condo and share the tent reservation with another family. So, best of both worlds.

1 Like

That would definitely work, but I think park reservations are here to stay. We don’t know what discounts are likely to come out, but most so far have been room only so I’d hesitate to book a package. I would personally rather stay all onsite in a lesser room than half onsite in a deluxe. One thing you could do with a rental car is book the best deal you can find and then use Autoslash.com to check for better deals.

1 Like