Spreadsheets Schmedsheets - Google Calendar!

I just moved my google spreadsheet into my calendar. Love the look of the calendar. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

The bar has been raised. The paradigm has shifted. This is outstanding. I feel a little bad for poor old Excel but I think I’m going to leave it behind for using Google Calendar for my plans.

3 Likes

SO I just logged in to my google, and apparently I had started our planning long ago, for our upcoming trip. lol! Had to change some days around but having fun adding all our details now!! Thanks for the reminder. My OCD has kicked in to overdrive! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m glad you’re all finding it useful… I really figured I was the last one to figure it out lol. I usually am!

I love it! Looks great and awesome that it can send reminders! I can’t wait until I have a trip to plan! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Masochism?

2 Likes

I am in awe of your color coding capabilities @Outer1. Speachless.

1 Like

Very cool. I might have to try this.

1 Like

@Outer1 Your google calendar idea is fabulous!!! I’ve been trying to create a spreadsheet (similar to @JonMcIntosh’s that he posted for his current trip), but am finding my learning curve too steep…

I do love to organize my family’s day-to-day life on our google calendar, so I’m not sure why I hadn’t thought of using it instead of excel. Yay, now I have another morning task to work on for the next several weeks :smile:

2 Likes

As a bit of an organizational nerd, this looks like SO much fun (no sarcasm, totally serious)!! 11 days to my trip, so this will be a great way to feed the excitement. :smiley: This is a genius idea too. Obviously, I intend to have my phone with me (getting an extra battery too) for the touring plans app and official Disney app…so having a calendar version will be great too. I can also share it with others. Love it.

3 Likes

I don’t have excel on this laptop so I was bummed about not having a spreadsheet! You just made my day this is WAY better than excel!! Thank YOU!!!

2 Likes

You and me both, sister.

1 Like

Oh I love this thing. I have a spreadsheet that I’ve decided is just too hard to look while we’re there but I still think a spreadsheet is good as a big picture planner. I like this because I can set up alarms to go with entries so we don’t miss things and I don’t have to constantly check my phone to see the time and then cross reference to my checklist… thanks for this awesome idea!

2 Likes

One can color-code spreadsheets too.
I dare say, each “land” in MK has a “color” associated with it on my spreadsheet…
Adventureland is green, Frontierland orange, old FL light blue, new FL dark blue, etc…
(ducking for cover now)

2 Likes

Oh it absolutely can… this doesn’t do anything that a regular spreadsheet can’t be made to do, except possibly sync with your phone and automatically setup alarms, its just easier to do it. Plus not everyone has the access or knowledge to work in Excel but pretty much anyone can work with this.

2 Likes

@Outer1 Well typed. Back when I coached track, I set up Google calendars for my students to access. My students, who would have been like a pig lookin’ at a watch had I used Excel, used Google Calendar with ease. Heck, I consider myself pretty computer literate and I struggle doing everything I want or need to do in Excel.

2 Likes

I’ve been using this as well, and it’s also great in that you can share the calendar.

(Pro tip: you can create a calendar separate from your normal calendar just for your vacation, and share that calendar - then when you add events, just make sure you specify the vacation calendar.)

2 Likes

This is amazing!! I haven’t explored all the functionality in GCal (Excel is my go-to… but definitely clunky in comparison!). Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

That’s actually a clever idea, i have Gcal setup for my days off work and holiday, never thought to use it as a planner :smiley:

2 Likes

I just plugged my April/May trip into this google calendar format. Love it.

1 Like