Spotting more than one of the same character

Same thing you do with santa claus, lie and deceive!

“Well dear, he has a lot of elves helping him” or “his sleigh must be really fast!”

This posts reminds me of the story of when some kids find it confusing to talk to “Pocahontas” when their teachers have taught them the real Pocahontas is dead.

During one meet-and-greet with the Native American princess, a young British boy came up to her and announced, “My class visited your grave last year!”

9 Likes

Wow! Never thought of that. That movie was the Black sheep for Disney. Highly inaccurate.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about this with Ariel for our upcoming trip with our 3 year old! I know she will want to see Ariel with her fin on at MK, but we will also run into her with legs at Trattoria al Forno (where we are mostly going to see Rapunzel and Flynn Ryder) and then (likely) again at Akershus.

Luckily we will have a day or two in between, but we may be Ariel-ed out if we see her on the way to TaF! Definitely going to have some reasoning about Triton helping her out in my back pocket :wink:

I had friends go last week to MK. They had a breakfast at CRT - which included meeting Ariel. They went to her Grotto soon afterwards. They had a tough time explaining how she got over there so quickly and now had a tail. It wasn’t a big deal, but illustrates the point.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Oh that’s funny.
I can see my 9 year old pointing out the inaccuracies in the Disney movie.

1 Like

But would a kid really notice and get upset? When my kids used to believe in Santa I used to tell them that Santa had cousins that would help him so all the kids in the world would see him. If my kids were little, I would be using the same response for Disney characters.

exactly what I would have told my DH - I mean kid

2 Likes

This. Kids are experts at suspending disbelief, and I’m sure the multiple characters etc bother adults far more than children… :rofl:

2 Likes

Is no one else bothered by the fact that all these characters seem to have nothing better to do with their lives than to hang around amusement parks?

:wink:

3 Likes

Bothered? No. Jealous? Yes. :laughing:

5 Likes

Well, the 7 dwarves are miners, which is obviously why they only show up at dinner in the evening at Artist Point. At least some of them are doing something useful with their lives!

5 Likes

I don’t know. I haven’t seen any evidence of them making any progress in the cave on SDMT. I think they are are all show and no action!

1 Like

Kids are great at suspending their beliefs when they want to. I don’t think these chance meetings are going to ruin the magic for the kids that believe. I think of it like seeing Santas in every mall and Elf on the shelves at Target during Christmas yet my kids still wholeheartedly believe it’s all real without question.

2 Likes

That’s all for show. The real work is underground. How do you think they got the utilidors under the park?

1 Like

Or mouse tunnels.

1 Like

Pixie dust.

Duh.

1 Like

I’ve never seen any evidence that pixie dust is useful for tunneling. It’s for flying.

2 Likes

Pixie dust must be mined, silly. But dwarves don’t mine pixie dust. Pixies do.

So, the mouse tunnels and utilidors are leftover from where pixies mined the pixie dust so that we can all fly while riding PPF.

The dwarves just like taking credit for things.

2 Likes