Splitting the Party Questions

Party of 7 visiting at the same time; some days we are touring all together, other days we are splitting up into smaller parties. I have two questions about how to navigate this:

1. I have purchased Memory Maker. I understand that anyone who is in my Friends and Family can use this; would this work even if I add them to my Friends and Family at the end of our trip?

2. Can I make a dining reservation under my name and have other people use it? In other words, have someone check in to the dining res that’s listed under my name, even though I won’t be with them? (I was the one who was willing to wake up at 2:45 am PST to snag the reservations, hence why they are all in my name).

I know just linking everyone together from the start would be easier in a sense, but we’re only going to be at the same park for 1 or 2 days, and I don’t want to have to worry about unlinking them for Genie+ purposes. Thanks!

Welcome!

1. I’m not super sure of the correct answer, but I think it would work as long as you add them before you are done with your last day. I do know that the people in your Friends and Family group using the Memory Maker do not have to be there on connecting days, rather you all must use it within a 30-day window. That window starts when the first person in your group uses it to download a picture.

2. Yes, you can make the ADR under your name and let someone else check in under your name. As long as you are comfortable being at risk for any no-show fee of $10 per person on the ADR. As long as one person shows up, that is not a “no show.”

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like
  1. Add everyone at start. You choose who you want in your Genie+ group each day. So having multiple people has no impact on this.

2. If you had booked on computer, you could have changed the owner of the res. But they don’t ask for ID do it doesn’t matter.

1 Like

Thanks!