Split stays and multiple magic bands

The battery isn’t the issue, that’s only needed for the long range stuff. You don’t need it for anything where you physically tap. But I’ve seen a lot of reports recently on chat of bands not opening the doors - not even old ones, brand new bands linked to that reservation. So always good advice to check.

1 Like

This happened to us at AKL in April. My kids’ bands worked on the room door, my band did not.
I tend to take a lot of bands with me on trips (to match my clothing), and sometimes they work, sometimes not. I generally keep extras in my bag just in case.

3 Likes

Our rooms were so messed up we had one MB to open the room and one to get into the park while none of mine opened the second room. We received limited edition MB through a package promotion last year they were white with icons of all four parks on them. They were unique so I wanted to use them in stead of the plane solid color ones they give out. So the grey one opened the door and the special one did everything else. I don’t remember why they had to do it that way but more MB I was not complaining.

2 Likes