Split stay pros and cons

We have only done a split trip once, and centered it around the park we would be visiting. Since we were planning our first two days at MK, we booked the first two nights at WL. Our remaining 5 days would be at BC which was mostly spent at Epcot. We packed a small bag for the first part of our trip, and had bell services deliver our bags and souvenirs to the second resort. We also spent the day at HS, knowing that we could take a boat directly to the resort before check in.

1 Like

I just thought of another Pro to split stays based on a recent week-long stay in a hotel. You get a clean room when you move!

With the no house-keeping thing, I do like not having someone invade my private space. But, the thing now is for people to put their dirty towels and trash outside their door. So, that means you walk by many piles of trash and dirty towels.

3 Likes

I have a question: I’m planning to go in February 2023 and planning to do 3 split stays.
3 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge > 4 nights at Yacht Club > 4 nights at Coronado Springs Club Level.
My TA said that I will have a hard time doing my dining reservations because the guests staying before me will have already had the chance to go through these dates and had their turn to book.

Any experience you have with this? We have at least one table service for each day.

Technically, this is true to a point. Each window is 60 + length of stay for each separate reservation. So, for example, booking day 2 of your YC stay is 60 + 1, and not 60 + 5 it would have been if you had done JUST YC. Similarly, the 2nd night at CSR would be 60 + 1, and not 60 + 9 (or whatever…might have my math off there…it is late!)

There is, however, a way around this. If you call 60 days out from the first leg of your stay a CM can help you book all of your ADRs for the entire trip because they can treat it as a single trip instead of 3. But with hold times right now, be prepared for a long wait and STILL the chance they might not do it.

2 Likes

VMs are not booking length of stay over split stays. When they stopped this they continued for DVC for some time but even that has stopped.

The only work around these days is a leading reservation. That is a another reservation you book that overlaps your complete stay and then you can cancel after you make the reservations.

Do you need these strategies? What will you book?

1 Like