I will start by saying that a month ago I had to cancel my trip to DLR for this June. With the park opening up (and a stressful week) my urge to plan something Disney is high. So that brings me to my WDW trip in December.
I bought DVC in April 2020 (have not used it yet) - my home resort is AKL. Despite the insanity that is going to be WDW this Christmas, we have booked a trip for December 26-January 1 and I am so excited as I have never been at Christmas. I spent a long time deciding between Jambo House and Kidani.
Ultimately, I decided on Jambo House for the following reasons: Christmas decorations, access to quick service, and the studios are comparable to Kidani (when we stay at a one bedroom, we will stay Kidani, so why not stay Jambo now?)
Currently I have it booked as a split stay at Jambo so I can try to waitlist for Poly or BWV for the 30th and 31st, and if I don’t get it, I will merge the reservations. Today I got the crazy idea that I should make it a split stay between Jambo and Kidani so that we could try out both resorts, and REALLY because I want a perfect 2nd floor view of the Savannah - th e only drawback to Jambo for this trip.
Is this planning for the sake of planning? I have broken trips with over planning. Is it silly to move my family a quarter mile down the road during a slammed week in order to test drive both our resorts and see the giraffes up close (if they cooperate)? or if this fun? It would be a 4 day/2day split. Thanks for your thoughts on a frivolous topic