Split Resorts or Stay at One?

So I am currently booked for a solo adult only trip for 13 days/12 nights at the French Quarter and am wondering if I should split the stay or just stay put. I stayed once at Riverside (when it was Dixie Landings), Caribbean Beach (more than 15 years ago), but never at Coronado Springs. My biggest concern with the other moderates is being extremely spread out, making it a hike to get anywhere (pool, main building, etc.)

• POFQ Only
  • POFQ/Caribbean Beach
  • POFQ/Coronado Springs
  • POFQ/Riverside

0 voters

2 Likes

I guess I would wonder why you would want to split resorts. Is it just to experience the vibe of each? Because you can easily do resort tours of those other resorts without moving rooms.

POR is close enough to FQ that I don’t think I’d switch in that case. Easy enough to walk over if you wanted.

2 Likes

I love split stays and I would be bored to tears with the food options at FQ for that long of a trip. I chose CSR bc it’s normally the cheapest and has the most activities at it vs the other resorts. It also has some of the best dining options on property with Toledo and 3 Bridges. I know you miss out on the convenience of the Skyliner at CBR, but I had excellent bus service at CSR when I’ve stayed there.

4 Likes

I voted for the CSR option, because you could choose to stay in their tower, GDT, which feels more like a deluxe. CSR’s overall layout seems to keep it a fairly short/reasonable walk to the themed pool and Three Bridges Bar & Grill. CSR has several TS, a food court, and a couple bars.

3 Likes

I won’t vote :slight_smile: but I can say that I would likely split stay as a solo traveler. It’s a great way to see other resorts.

It really depends on what you want. POFQ would open up dining options at DS. CBR would open up dining options at BC/BW/POP/AoA.

Will you explore the resorts? Pool time? Or are you just trying to get to the parks? What is your touring style?

If you want to go to EPCOT and eat/drink around the world, CBR would get you to the international gateway entrance for easy access to the countries.

6 Likes

While POFQ is my least favorite WDW resort, I’d much rather just stay there than deal with the packing and moving of a split stay. I have never seen the appeal in those - I’m a settle in and stay put kind of girl.

I chose split with CBR, but only because of the Skyliner. The ease of transportation with the Skyliner is pretty awesome. However, I liked the room more at CSR.

2 Likes

I gotta ask people who have stayed at CBR – is it really convenient if you are assigned to a room that is 12 miles from the Skyliner stations?

I really like the feel of CBR, but that resort is HUUUGEEE. To be fair, I’ve only flown over it in the Skyliner, never walked it.

2 Likes

For that long I would split stay if you want to Experience two resorts. More restaurants, new pools to try and maybe one with sky liner.

3 Likes

Personally I would go for the split stay. I like experiencing multiple resorts on a long trip. It makes it feel like a reset, like “oops, vacation’s not over yet!” Being in one place for almost two weeks would be more convenient, but it would be a bit boring.

I think the ideal split stay is at least 2 days, otherwise it’s not worth it. But the more days at each resort, the better, up to about 7.

5 Likes

I could see if you’re in the Trinidad section that it would seem far, but I didn’t feel like the other 4 sections were really that huge/far apart. The bridge to the island in the middle of Barefoot Bay helps with getting around.

2 Likes

We were in building 51. All of the standard rooms are on the Skyliner side of the resort, which means you are relatively close to the CBR station or Riviera station. My dad tested it one day - we walked back to our room from the CBR station while he took the SL to the riviera and walked. It was a very nominal difference in time.

The walk was fine for us - and we almost booked a LM room at AoA which def would’ve been a hike.

If I booked preferred, I might think differently. Preferred is great for busses and proximity to the big pool, but not so great for the SL.

3 Likes

I will add that I don’t have anything to compare it to. The Skyliner was a major convenience for us with smaller kids and frequenting HS. Would Pop have been better? Maybe, but no pool slide. And I can’t afford Beach Club/Boardwalk, so if I’m looking for SL, CBR or Pop are my best choices. But I could be off base and I’m sure there are better options out there.

3 Likes

Then you’re part of the problem!

:rofl:

I voted CBR for the Skyliner (my favorite form of Disney transportation) and the length of stay. Twelve nights is a long time to stay in one spot IMO, but maybe it just seems that way when you’re constantly on the run from the authorities. I don’t think you would go wrong with CSR either, though – especially if you can swing GDT.

1 Like

I looked at google maps and was surprised to see that all of the rooms are within 0.4 miles of one of the Skyliner stations. That’s not awful, though with little kids it would seem quite far. Not as bad as walking from BCV to HS though. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I had that info stored in my head at some point too :laughing: just in case we got a room that was super far from everything. I wanted to be mentally prepared lol

1 Like

for such a long trip, I’d probably opt for a split stay, just to experience two resorts and their locations/amenities and overall vibes

1 Like

We stayed one night in Aruba and we found the resort to be too spread out. We found it a little run down in early March 2020 (I think it’s been refurbished since) but we also just… didn’t love the resort. DH and I were running down resort options last night for our next trip and he told me anywhere was fine with him as long as it wasn’t CBR.

1 Like

My one big concern, as someone not nearly as young and nimble as I used to be, is that CBR and the AB section of POR do NOT have elevators. Fortunately they’re only two-story buildings, but at the end of a long day in the parks, that’s the last thing I need as I head to my room (and there’s no guarantee to get a ground floor). All buildings at CSR, POFQ, and the values have elevators (and they’re mostly 3-4 stories, not counting GDT).

4 Likes

I honestly feel like Disney resorts are like “the wand choosing the wizard” (I know, wrong IP). I truly believe that just because I love CBR, it is right for me but not for everyone, and each person has their own set of needs and wants for a trip. There is a reason why each of us selects their resort, and it is so individualistic that it’s hard to make recommendations.

2 Likes