Splash Mountain closing Jan 23 for Tiana makeover

“In preparation for this new experience and the many exciting updates ahead, Splash Mountain at Walt Disney World Resort will be closed starting Jan. 23, 2023, so we can begin the next phase of this attraction’s development. Additional information about Splash Mountain at Disneyland Resort will be shared at a later date.”

2 Likes

Nice to finally have a date! Although I would have thought they would have waited for Tron to open first to close down Splash. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

…maybe this means something?..

4 Likes

That the sad state of the Splash animatronics couldn’t make it until the Spring for Tron to open? :thinking:

11 Likes

OK maybe this :laughing:

1 Like

Well I guess I wouldn’t be too surprised if “spring” 2023 is actually January :joy:

9 Likes

I’m glad to finally have a date. I’m sad it won’t be open for our June trip but it’s been a big wild card.

2 Likes

It usually closes in January for an annual refurb so it makes sense. I wouldn’t read more into it.

3 Likes

I was mostly joking since WDW timelines are usually a bit off

Cough cough Tron, Space220, etc

4 Likes

I do love a good zydeco jam. Kind of excited to see how well they reimagine this classic. Adding this to my list of reasons to return, which so far only includes TRON and now this.

6 Likes

I am sad because it closes just a couple of weeks before we go!

Hitting DLR beginning of May, I hope it will still be open.

1 Like

I am hoping they use some New Orleans style artwork instead of just traditional animation, even if it is just in the background. Some of the original concept art did, so we will see!

3 Likes

Meant to add, I am totally excited for the zydeco!

3 Likes

no blue dogs please! :melting_face:

2 Likes

Oh good. Now I don’t have to go on it in April!

1 Like

Well, I was planning on it being closed when we’re at MK on the 21st so I guess yay?

2 Likes

I’ve never been on Splash Mountain. After it opened we started going in the winter when it was always closed for refurb. We’re doing DLR in September (2023) so I thought maybe I’d get to ride it. Nope. Not even the new version. /sigh/

1 Like

Maybe they will reopen the train! I was so hopeful that it would be running during my trip after Touring Plans eagle eyes spotted them testing days before my trip. Sadly…still closed. I love a good train ride!

3 Likes

Rumor is before Christmas.

3 Likes

Nooooooooo! Wanted one last ride! DL we didn’t get to go on it either :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: we arrive at Universal on the 23rd :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:. Have no interest in tron due to my new issues with roller coasters. :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed: No more zippey do dah for me. :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

2 Likes