Splash goes the phone

Well, I would assume they would stop the ride and look for it.
That is what they did in Disneyworld in FL. We were delayed for more than one hour in line because they stopped the ride to look for a lost item.
I was surprised they actually did that. Maybe, it was an important guest since I don’t believe they would do it for most. And it was a Christmas break.

I’m sorry you lost your phone. I submerged mine in water for quite a bit in the Narrows, Zion NP. It was drying for a few days. It was glitchy in the meantime.
But it was totally fine a few days later. But I did crack a screen protector. Glad it didn’t crack the phone except getting sand into it. I usually damage my expensive cameras on my trips. Either I drop them, get it wet, or sand on them.

3 Likes

Ok, big update for everyone. The first night when I got back to the hotel I turned on the “Lost Phone” features, one was to show a message on the lockscreen asking to call DW’s cell number.

Well, yesterday she got the call. The phone miraculously survived the churn of Splash for hours (maybe days!) and could even power on. The CM said it had a small crack on the back, but otherwise seemed fine.

It was missing its Speck Candyshell case, which had been destroyed or tossed/stolen by the maintenance crew (CM didn’t know anything about a case). I think this is strong testimony to the quality of that case. Unfortunately, I didn’t like their options for the new iPhone I have, so I went with another brand.

It is in transit to me right now. I WILL get my Indiana Jones and Splash pics!

19 Likes

The trip was fantastic, except for the stress of losing my phone. I’m working on the pics right now and will share some in a report at some point. Between me, DW, and DS7 who we gave a little point-and-shoot camera to, we took 3500 photos in 8 days!

8 Likes

So happy to hear that they found it and it works!!

What kind of phone did you choose?

1 Like

13 pro

1 Like

But…isn’t that an iPhone???

???

I found this confusing as well.

Maybe he meant a different brand of case? Though I read it as phone too.

Or he was telling us which phone he lost?

In any case ---- needs clarification

Ah! This makes sense. That’s probably it.

1 Like

Yes, different brand of case. sorry

1 Like

I totally read it as phone originally as well.

Was confused by 13 pro until you pointed out it was the case.

I am grateful someone asked, I just thought I was being thick.

2 Likes

No, I’m just a bad communicator

1 Like

Nope sometimes things just come out weird on the screen.

1 Like

15 Likes

Is that last picture the last picture you took at Splash before it splashed?

4 Likes

Hey, that’s a great picture at least! It would have been salt in the wound had the picture that caused all the problems be blurry with half of his head cut off! :joy:

5 Likes

Yes!

3 Likes

7 Likes

Are you taking pictures of your old phone with your new phone??

5 Likes

Yes I am!

4 Likes

I don’t believe it. Have your wife take a picture of you taking a picture of your old phone using your new phone to prove it.

:wink:

7 Likes