Spirit of Aloha Not Returning

Sorry to be the bearer of more bad WDW news…

Scott Gustin is pretty knowledgeable about these things, even if it’s not announced yet.

If this show was a part of your Poly plans you will need to reconsider.

Wow you got this up fast! Sorry to hear this

1 Like

I have a very dull office job! (That I’ve been doing for 14 years, so I have all the duties in a routine that I can knock out fast in the mornings… :wink:)

That gives me all day to just surf forums, social media and etc… :rofl:

3 Likes

Hoping they will create something new and better eventually

8 Likes

Went to it a number of years ago. Was NOT impressed for the money spent. My opinion for what it’s worth. Won’t miss it.

2 Likes

I got the impression this was a pretty low rated show, so not surprised they aren’t bringing it back.

2 Likes

Haven’t heard any good reviews of it but wish they’d announced it was being updated/replaced/rethemed to Moana etc.

3 Likes

More DVC? :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

That’s what I’m reading. Looks enormous from the artist rendering. Going to ruin the aesthetic.
I love the peaceful vibe of the Poly. Looking at a 6 story building completely out of the theming is going to mess that up.

5 Likes

Also as per Scott Gustin:

4 Likes

Also not for nothing, adding that many rooms is going to mean putting in at least one more pool, more dining and more transportation… Are they gonna add a monorail stop there?
That’s not even a big piece of land - it buts up against VGF.

4 Likes

I posted the DVC News twitter link under the DVC category regarding the expansion.

2 Likes

More DVC to replace a dinner show?

Gonna build something on the footprint of where it was held?

You know, I don’t want it to mess up the vibe at Poly, but they DO need more than studios there.

2 Likes

O would you look at that.

It wasn’t a random guess but an announcement.

I hate busy days at work - I miss so much here!

2 Likes

WHAT?!

Ok that’s not good. Ugh.

4 Likes

They don’t have an extra monorail stop for BLT, so I can expect them to do that for this expansion either.

2 Likes

Made a back up resort reservation in case this actually starts being built this year. Ugh.

True, but this will be further away I think, and since you can’t walk to the parks from the Poly, having two whole resorts of people at one platform would be a disaster. The GCH is already crowded.

1 Like

Yes you can.

5 Likes

Well I mean, you can but it’s super roundabout and takes longer so almost no one does it.