Spiffing up the Hotel Room

Hello, Linerville! Do any of you do something special to decorate your hotel rooms at WDW, to make them feel extra special? I’m not talking practical things (liquid pump soap, hamper, over the door hanger, etc.) I’m thinking about the impractical fun stuff to celebrate. :slight_smile:

In the past, for a December trip at Pop, we decorated our window with tinsel and window-clings. I am thinking that on our next trip, I might bring a string of Christmas tree lights too. I’m also thinking of bringing a special scent for the room…

But looking for other fun (low-cost, not too complicated) suggestions! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Window clings are always easy and cheap, Not sure how wide the sill is but you can usually get very inexpensive little trees. We plan on doing this too for the POR half of our stay but haven’t really started thinking about specifics yet.

2 Likes

This will be my first time decorating my room.
It will be our 20th anniversary, I bought a happy anniversary banner, and I took some black posterboard, cut out mickey heads, and I will paste pictures of us on the mickey heads and put them around the room.
Since we are close to Halloween, I bought some static Cling Webs for the window and a large pack of Halloween decorations of various sizes to place all over the room.
http://www.partycity.com/product/halloween+cute+characters+cutouts+30ct.do?sortby=ourPicks&size=all
I have a disposable tape dispenser and some fun tac set aside for decorating.

1 Like

I saw a room decorated with Christmas (or I guess they were really Halloween) lights at Bay Lake Tower last week. Always think I should do something like that to know which hotel room is mine when I see it from the ground (though that’s not much of an issue where I normally stay in the value resorts!

1 Like

Walmart had Disney Character halloween window things that came with suction cups last year. I’m sure they’ll have xmas ones too. We made out own window clings last year.

1 Like

We didn’t decorate, but saw lots of cute windows at Pop last September. Some people had their doors decorated too, but most that we saw had signs/clings/stuffed characters in the window ledges. I enjoyed looking at them!

I had so much fun looking at the decorated windows at Pop! One person had an insane collection of Vinylmation on what must have been a custom-made shelf. Others made little scenes and displayed their stuffies. I will never rise to this level of creativity, but I love that other people do!

Yes, this is one of the things I LOVE about Pop around any holiday – the way people get into decorating really sets a festive mood! :smile:
On chat months (if not years?) ago, I remember reading a list of rules about decorating. You know, be good to housekeeping… I think “no tape” might have been one of the things Disney says so you don’t tear up the room. (So I used suction cup hooks on the window instead.) Anybody else know some of those rules to share?

1 Like

I’ve read the rules a couple of years ago and I couldn’t find a good way to hang things other than suction cups or clings. But tape would be so much easier? Is it really not allowed?

I used scotch tape on my October visit last year, I did not have any problems at all from any staff. I just made sure to remove all traces of the tape when I was packing.

1 Like

Reviving since there seem to be a lot of us going for the various holidays this year.

How do you spruce up your room? I’m thinking a tree, door banner, and such. Maybe a few baskets of treats from the florist?

I like the idea of scented soaps. Maybe I’ll stop at Bath and Body Works on my way to the room.

Lights. Lotsa lights.

Extension cords, power strips.

For Christmas one year at Yacht Club we had 3 rooms, so brought 3 table top trees with simple decorations - each room had their own color scheme. We made door wreaths (door hangers), paper chain garlands, snowmen families out of white knee hi stockings, lights around the bathroom mirror (I think we used ornament hangers on the edge of the mirror) and lights on our window. We undecorated at check out, putting the decorations in a cardboard box for each room with a note to mousekeeping to donate or keep as they saw fit.

We went really nutso the year we rented a Wilderness home before Christmas. Since they’re dark, we brought even more lights, put some on the deck, in the home and had a lighted Mickey head we’d made for the golf cart. Each room had a different color scheme. The stroller was decorated.

We were at OKW in September one year. We had a door banner of an ugly old witch, a trick or treat container on the coffee table holding glow in the dark stuff for night time touring, lights and decorated the stroller. I’m not recalling the OKW decorations very much.

We never decorated for the 4th, maybe too warm? And our Thanksgiving trip was kinda spur of the moment at a vrbo, so no time to prepare - sure seemed plain. :confused:

1 Like

I think I like a combination of all of the above, but definitely like the last picture.

4 Likes

Uh… Basin, please!

1 Like

:woman_facepalming:

YES! I love that store. I blocked it out because they wouldn’t deliver their Disney stuff we loved so much (pre-pandemic). Ooo…I’m so excited!

1 Like

Do people still decorate their doors? We did that in 2001, 2003, 2006. I haven’t thought about that in ages!

1 Like

I’ve seen a few, but that was my last visit in 2016. I like them, I’d love to do something similar.

First photo has the same kind of Mickey head we used on the rental golf cart when at Fort Wilderness.

The 4th picture has a tree similar to the 3 we had when at Yacht Club. Little red bows. We also used strings of beads for garlands.

It’s so fun to decorate at Disney. :blush:

I wish we had photos. I’d be happy if we just had ones of the stroller. One year we opted for lime green and neon pink ribbons instead of green and red. With snow flake garland.

1 Like

I love that you did the stroller!! How cute!

1 Like