Specialty beverages/milkshakes with QS meals & more- DDP

I am considering adding the dining plan to my trip but I keep thinking of questions. I was just watching a youtube video of someone at Typhoon Lagoon and they were showing a menu with a milkshake on it. I don’t see if listed on the menus in TP so maybe it’s a seasonal thing. I am also not a drinker of much alcohol so I imagine most of the time I will be getting a non alcoholic specialty beverage.
So I have a couple of questions…

1.Can I ASSUME that if a place offers milkshakes that I can order one as my drink with my QS meal and it will be included with my meal on the Dining Plan? Or is it a case of some are or some aren’t included?
2. I know at the parks the QS locations have water cups so I am assuming that is true at water parks?
Just trying to make sure I get the most bang for my buck…and my DD really loves milkshakes so there’s that. :slight_smile:
3. Also, for kids meals do they only usually include milk, juice/water or can i get a very small cup of a fountain drink. You know in case DD is the one drinking my milkshake. Or can she get a milkshake also? Those mickey check meals confuse me because they always include a juice, milk or water.
4. Have also heard that at Pop they won’t allow you to get something else in place of your drink with a meal even if you have a refillable mug. But I have also read that you just don’t say anything and roll up with your dessert or snack and they sub it out for you. I guess I could always get a drink for later…

Ok I think that’s all I have for now. Thanks to you all for your insight!

1 Like

For 1, yes a milkshake would be included. For 3, I don’t think you can get a fountain beverage. I recommend getting a nice cup with a straw for the kids to bring along since there won’t be plastic straws or lids available. This way you could pour some of your drink into their cup too.

1 Like

Now that I think about it I think I may be able to get a milkshake with the kids meal. But will have to do some more research!

1 Like
  1. At BOG, we were able to get a fountain drink with our son’s kids meal. But that soda fountain is self-service so that might be the distinction. I don’t think that was an option at other QS.
1 Like

There is a Kahlua and Cream milkshake (Kahlua or Baileys) at Dockside Diner at HS. I’m wondering if it’s included. Sounds delicious, and it’s $13.25. Anyone know if that’s included?

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s included, but I can tell you that when I got it last year it was not mixed well. I kept sucking up straight alcohol. If it had been properly mixed, it would have been delicious. I’ll be trying it again on my next trip. Hopefully they have gotten better at making it.

1 Like