Special activity, tour, or restaurant to prioritize for whole family? Staying offsite in April 2022

We are a family of 4 (Kids-5 YO and 10 YO) going to WDW during peak spring break time with park time spanning April 10-15th and staying offsite in Windsor Hills due to cost and because my brother and SIL will be staying with us for a visit part of the time too–probably the first few days we are at the parks. I’m thinking 5 park days (2 for MK, 1 day the others) with a rest in between and am starting to plan some itinerary. As a family of 4, we plan to try to make it to parks for at least non resort guest opening, but my brother and SIL are not rope drop type of people and my SIL has mobility issues which makes it more difficult to get around, but they will likely want to meet up with us for some time later in the day. Is there something that we can do as a family group that I can schedule in advance that might be worth our whole family doing, such as a particular restaurant or tour or fireworks viewing or something outside the parks that is worth it? It has been ages since I’ve been to WDW (seriously, I was 10 when we last visited and there were only 2 parks to worry about then).

We will have a car as well.

Sounds like it is going to be a fun trip. Maybe a fun character breakfast for everyone? Topolino’s would be great and if you have plans to go to HS or EP that day, then the Skyliner pick up there would be perfect. Since EP opens a bit later oftentimes, that might be a good choice day for Topolino’s.

1 Like

I really like that idea too!

1 Like

For in-park character dining, our favorite is Garden Grill at EPCOT. I he kids had a ball and I loved the steak and salad. (Steak salad - Voilà!)

1 Like

My SIL “confessed” that she really wanted to see a princess so I’m going to see if I can snag Cinderella’s table reservations inside the Castle even if there are limited princess viewings–just eating in the Castle will probably be a big deal and it is something that can be done without racing around to rides.

3 Likes

For a meal together as a family, this is a good option as well as many of the TS restaurants at WS in Epcot.

Something to think about (especially if you will not be making regular trips to WDW in the future) …

I would recommend looking into the cost of adding a 6th park day to your tickets (with G+). Instead of making it a rest day, consider making it a rest morning and book a bunch of afternoon/early evening LL with G+ at HS. Otherwise, you may have trouble getting to all the attractions you want at HS with one day.

I will run that by my family–thanks for the tip! Yeah, we probably will not be making WDW a regular feature in our vacation plans, so I don’t know when we will be back.