Spaceship Earth Closure

Same! We’re lucky in that BTMRR opens from refurb on our second day in MK. We’re making that a high priority FP for sure. I’m glad my daughter will get to ride SE before it changes and I’m looking forward to seeing the new EPCOT when we go back in 2023.

“more Disney, more family, more timeless, and more relevant.”

This means Disney IP right? I envision the history of Disney films through the ages. :grinning:

We’ll probably be reminded to thank the animators. :wink:

3 Likes

LOL!

Why am I suddenly hearing Bionic Man sound effects in my head?

2 Likes

WDW’s 40th is in October 2021.

Epcot’s 40th is September 2022. That’s the target for SSE.

I don’t think there’s much chance of it being done by Oct 2021, although if the cuts are big enough maybe they could. I hope not, I’d rather they did it properly, especially the exit building.

Yeah I don’t think there’s much chance it’ll open in 2021 and I agree it’s good they’re taking the time to do it right.

I thought Epcot opened in October '82 so I assumed the 40th would be October 2022.

1 Like

I really can’t see them not doing a major overhaul of the omnimover system. Maybe it’s possible to keep the track structure but the mechanics are pretty rough. I imagine whatever motors and/or drivetrains it has are very old (original?) and need to be upgraded. My guess is that we will see completely new cars even if the design remains the same

The issue here apparently is the logistics of getting the cars out. I think there’s a huge expense involved due to the design. It isn’t an easy job.

I’ll see if I can find out more. But I think that’s why a couple of people have said it might not happen.

1 Like

You’re right, I couldn’t remember if it was early October or September!

1 Like