Spaceship Earth Awakening

So I’m comfortable being a little weird and the one thing that I’m asking my family to allow me to do when we’re down there next is to sit and watch the music & light show at SSE. When we were there last it seemed to be playing multiple times each evening. Can anyone confirm that? Is there a schedule posted somewhere? I’m not finding it on the WDW web site or with a quick search here.

6 Likes

It does cycle through the different light series throughout the evening. It probably starts around dusk.

3 Likes

This is what I’ve noticed. And you need to be fairly close to hear the accompanying music.

4 Likes

It is worthwhile! No need to arrive early or anything, just stop by any time it’s running.

4 Likes

These are my issues. I want to hear it with the new entry music (vs. a rainbow connection soundtrack…but I wouldn’t mind seeing that too) and from beginning to end. Last time I saw it while entering/exiting but it had already started. Is it hourly? I don’t recall seeing anyone comment on repetition or schedule on the forum and I’m not seeing it posted on MDE or Disney’s site.

2 Likes

I thought it was continuous. But I’m not 100% sure.

I think it repeats every 15 min or so.

2 Likes

I put it in my touring plan from information I read on a blog somewhere:

3 minutes.
Every 20 minutes.
Starting at sunset.

I checked that sunset the day we’ll be there is about 8:10.

I would love to know how close to World Showcase you can be and still see it and hear the music. We are going to be beat after walking all day. If you go before May, please let me know.

4 Likes

I don’t recall hearing the music anywhere except in the immediate vicinity of Spaceship earth. Not even near the Land pavilion.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone!

@blemon @mikejs78

2 Likes

Yes, I agree w/ this.

1 Like

My favorite thing they’ve added for the 50th!! For the best view, and to hear the music, go to the entrance plaza near the fountain.

6 Likes