Space Mountain Rope Drop AFTER Early Morning Magic

We have tickets for Early Morning Magic. We want to tour Fantasyland until close to 9am and then Rope Drop Space Mountain. Does anyone know where we need to be for that Rope Drop? Do we have to exit Fantasyland and go out to the hub, or will we be able to wait somewhere near Tomorrowland Speedway to have access to Space Mountain?

1 Like

We waited near the speedway

2 Likes

Thank you. I was curious as well!

We got there at 8:30, but I think 8:50 would have been fine. The CMs will walk you to SM. You are not allowed to pass them. Which crowd gets there first will depend on the CMs and how fast they walk. The crowd by the Speedway was much smaller than the Tomorrow Land main entrance crowd, so fingers crossed your CMs are faster.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

About how long did you wind up waiting in line?

I want to say 15 to 20 minutes. Not as short as I would like, but wasn’t too bad.

1 Like

One comment I’ll add based on our experience doing this exact thing is that even at rope drop the line pouring out of Space Mountain was ridiculously long coming out of the building. Had you not known better you would think the wait was every bit of 2 hours. It seemed to be that they just hadn’t opened up all the switch backs in the indoor queue though. We still waited 20 mins probably, but it wasn’t near as bad as the initial line looked.

2 Likes

I want to say it was the same for us. And much of the wait was the initial pack trying to squeeze into the actual line.

1 Like

On our day, the CMs purposefully timed it so both the EMM crowd and the rope drop crowd merged at the same point prior to the ride. I just told DS10 to hang onto me and not get separated. It wasn’t horrible (the mad dash to Hagrid’s at Universal was sooooo much worse) but for folks with anxiety like me, it was a tense few minutes. The family behind us jokingly talked about ‘throwing elbows’ which made DS even more nervous.

2 Likes

That doesn’t sound fun at all! I wonder if we should just plan on riding 7DMT a couple extra times and hope for a same day FP for SM?

It wasn’t that bad, but your back up plan doesn’t sound like a bad one!

1 Like