Space 220 opening September 2021

They were hiring for a bunch of positions at their other Disney restaurants (with bonuses) like a month ago on their own website so I wonder if they’re maybe trying to get some fresh applicants.

In local news They reported $1,000.00 sign on bonuses for some Disney property restaurants. I don’t remember the names.

1 Like

I remember $300 and $500 for some of the Patina group restaurants. Not sure there were any from them for $1000.

Ya the grand was a shocker. But restaurants are having trouble hiring right now or getting ppl to come back to work. Insane, but hopefully they’ve found better paying jobs with benefits.

1 Like

Pay people a decent wage and treat them right and they will want to work for you. Just saw this today about that very thing.

https://twitter.com/msnbc/status/1395088880316162060?s=21

4 Likes

Jobs have been posted to this website.

https://careers.delawarenorth.com/job/DELAA003Y542605/Food-Runner-Space-220

Assuming they interview and recruit within a month, then CM training and the job training, could we be looking at late August / September?

3 Likes

OK but of what year?? :wink:

10 Likes

:weary:

1 Like

…translation: October 1st. :smirk:

8 Likes

Of course.

But they’d want it running smoothly by Oct 1st, so why not open it 6-8 weeks early? Pleeeeeeeease.

3 Likes

oh i agree, and the same could be said for Ratatouille.

Anything that would help Epcot offer more should be released as soon as it’s ready.

6 Likes

Staffing on Ratatouille has begun

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/ratatouille/news/04jun2021-disney-begins-the-process-of-recruiting-the-opening-team-for-remys-ratatouille-adventure-at-epcot.htm

3 Likes

Thee is talk of soft openings being likely for Ratatouille. And possible previews too. Not sure when though.

1 Like

Awww, I was so hoping to eat there in mid-august! At least we’ll have the food and wine festival, so it’s not like we desperately needed someplace to eat. I am just a space enthusiast and really looking forward to seeing this. I had also been looking forward to the new creperie. Anytime I’m in Paris, I just walk around eating crepes from the street carts, so I was hoping to be transported back (since I can’t currently travel to actual Paris.) So, double disappointment. Sad trombones…

4 Likes

It could be August though.

Apparently one of the recent Traditions training was the biggest ever, showing just how many CMs have been recalled, new ones hired and CP kids accepted and starting quickly. So there could be a bit of a backlog.

Fingers crossed for you :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Saw this today.

3 Likes

This fall.

Only 2 years late.

Which even if you excuse Covid still puts them a year behind expected opening.

8 Likes

I think this will be a rather difficult ADR to get for the 50th. I hope I get lucky.

2 Likes

For our December 2019 trip, I thought we were just going to miss this opening.
Now it looks like it may be open for a spring 2022 trip. Maybe.

2 Likes

I really really really really REALLY hope it’s open for our Sept couples trip. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes