Space 220 open March 30?

The Dis is reporting that Space 220 won’t open until March 30th. I don’t have a lot of background, like some of you folks do, to know who to trust. I enjoy watching their YouTube videos, and tend to want to trust their reporting. What do you all think?

I’ll be so disappointed if it’s the end of March. I’ve been stalking the ADRs every day, waiting for Space 220 in mid-March.

1 Like

Seconding the disappointment, I was really hoping it would be open for our trip at the beginning of March. That’s really pushing the definition of “Winter 2020”!

You always have to add an “-ish” to any timeframe Disney gives.

2 Likes

I was really hoping for Mid-February when I was there, but it is not to be. On the plus side, I don’t have to pay whatever the ridiculous cost is going to be to go in there right away. I can’t imagine it is going to be cheap. I will just have more snacks from the Festival of the Arts instead.

Winter 2019 ends March 20, 2020 :slight_smile: so they didn’t make that target. I take any disney time frames with a grain of salt.

2 Likes

I’ve heard that March 30th date is a stab in the dark, and optimistic at best. As far as I know, the inside isn’t complete and training hasn’t started.

Don’t get your hopes up. Sorry. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

After FP scramble yesterday, for HS, now I’m into all new Epcot meals research. I’d been so sure it would at least be open by mid-March (since the date was 2019 when I first started planning), that I haven’t done ANY thinking about where else we’d like to eat.

Disney still hasn’t taken the “opening this winter” off their website. Around here, we can get snow storms into April. This is the second time I have heard March for the opening and this time the date is very specific. Sounds reasonable to me. But we will see.

I think the 30th March date came from Disney, at least according to the DIS article it did.

It isn’t Disney controlling all of this though. Patina is the company responsible for operating it, and therefore responsible for the training. Completing the building though is down to Disney, or at least it’s their responsibility. Not sure about the kitting out inside, dining space, kitchens etc.

We’ll see. It’s still two months away.

Yes, but it is Disney property and no one is making any money until it opens. Hopefully it all goes according their plan here on out.

For what it’s worth, we love La Hacienda de San Angel. At least check out that menu when you do your research. I can understand you being bummed about Space 220. We are going in October and I am hoping we will be able to grab a res (otherwise we will be back at La Hacienda).

2 Likes

Me and my family are going March 8-15 so I totally feel your disappointment! We’ve been stalking the app for about a month hoping it would open and grab a ADR for Space 220 when we go so needless to say, we were bummed when the March 30th opening rumor came out yesterday! I’m still crossing my fingers though!!!

1 Like

Here’s another DIS article saying the opening date is now April 6th due to construction issues:

Bummer! We were hoping to eat lunch there April 2nd :frowning:

We wanted to eat there is May, but I’m beginning to have my doubts.

1 Like

We are hoping for the beginning of May too!

I have no inside info, but my guess based on the little news we have is that it will be open by May 1 (though it may be walk up only with no ADRs made available when it first opens).

My preferred day to eat there is 5/22. But even if they did walk up the first day or 2, I don’t think it is going to last. This is a highly anticipated restaurant so I think the demand will be too high not to do ADRs.

This stupid restaurant also has me a bit paralyzed.

We are arriving 4/24. We are cautiously hopeful this will open before we arrive, but I don’t expect it to be very much before. I’m trying to work it into our plans. Obviously we will have to take what we can get if it’s that important to us to do during this visit. But, if I had my druthers I would prefer to do it earlier in the day than later.

My question is: Is this restaurant going to be open for lunch AND dinner, or dinner only?

Please and thank you.

Last I’d looked (it’s been a few weeks, since I have no hope anymore), it was supposed to be open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner! All 3 is great!

1 Like