SouthWest Flights thru Nov.5 Open

Really? I haven’t seen as much fluctuation. I will have to keep a close eye.

I booked my flight in May for my trip in Oct but still check prices in case they happen to get a little cheaper. ( i may be a little crazy :crazy_face:) Wishful thinking but I literally check once or twice a day. Sometimes during the day it will drop by like $100 and then hours later it is back up again. There doesnt seem to be rhyme or reason for the changes in price either so cant be predicted. You kinda have to stalk the app a little. Google will track flight prices for you too. I get an email almost everyday saying the price has changed. It is not great though because it will miss those limited time drops in prices that occur for only a short time.

This is the flight history for my flight home from google flights…it really goes up and down a lot.
Also seems that google check maybe once a day though so it could look different ot it checked more often. A good starting point to see what the price could potentially go down to.

To be clear, I’m no SW fan boy! They just have the best fares and at least one direct flight to MCO each day out of Memphis.

However, Memphis has the highest airport taxes in the US. (It’s because of FedEx working out of there) Sadly, though it’s is just “low” enough that driving 3+ hours to get a cheaper flight in either Little Rock or Nashville doesn’t give you a better deal. :man_shrugging: :money_mouth_face:

One thing I have noticed, if the price of my flight doesn’t go up, the prices will come down. I had booked flights for September 2022 as soon as I was able. For the outbound flight, the price for the time we wanted soon increased from $163. It is now $260. In contrast, for our return time, I never saw the price get above the original price of $163 The first time the price dropped, I was able to rebook for $133. Then I was able to rebook for about $105. Now the price is $99. I had to cancel that trip so I didn’t rebook.

For my December trip, which I booked last week, prices for the return flight were $136, which is lower than the default price for that leg. I booked those, and then the price dropped $10, so I rebooked the 3 flights for my family. For this trip, we are traveling to and from at night, and the prices are still at the baseline price. I expect them to go down. I have a link to southwest with these flights preloaded, so I can easily check flight prices, and plan to rebook if the prices ever drop.

I know people have complaints about Southwest, but for me they do work out as the best airline for my Orlando trips.

2 Likes

I always loved SW and exusively used them for our trips for years. No.complaints about their service either. Never even looked anywhere else. Had a cc, companion pass and everything. But unfortunatley they just dont have a schedule anymore that meets our needs so we had to move on. I was sad about it too.

1 Like

Crazy!

1 Like