Southwest flights open through March 6

Hey friends, I thought many of you might like to know Southwest just released their newest batch of flights. Got my January flights non-stop for crazy cheap! Didnt even use up all my BJ’s gift cards!! Good luck people!

3 Likes

fares in my market stink like fish. :frowning:

Oh no! Well if you buy them the same day they come out, I find they are the cheapest you’re gonna get.

I originally thought that, but then my next round of flights has dropped by almost $100 since opening day when I bought them (which… ends up being useless for me because it just refills my “voucher” which still expires at the beginning of December. Whyyyy southwest…whyyyyyy?!)

So they might drop? It’s really hard to say. The best advice I’ve been given is to use your points and then if it drops, the points go right back onto the account.

1 Like

They are pretty bad in our region, too.
Thankfully, I nabbed some seats when they got into our stratosphere and since then I’ve been able to modify twice to better times. My bad? When they went DOWN in cost I clicked poorly and now I have a $39 Southwest credit I will never use.

1 Like

Oh really? It probably varies on airports too i’m guessing. I have never seen my flights so cheap. If they go down… even better!

3 Likes

Agreed!

And if they could be a little faster, that’d be great too. Cause… #impatience.

2 Likes

Not true, at least not here. I find many discounted prices much closer to date of travel

1 Like

Now the wait is on for the spring drop.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s what I’m waiting for. Have not paid attention - what is the date for that?

ours ended up being about 285/each round trip. I don’t guess thats too bad. We paid with points and mine was free with companion pass, so 8 ppl cost us about 90$ cash

1 Like

I was just on their site and they are saying tentatively Sept 26

2 Likes

I checked this morning and they weren’t up yet. Then they came out while I was sitting at the DMV with my son, part of the 2.5 hour ordeal of getting his driving permit this morning! :anguished: Tried on my phone in app, then in browser - nothing was allowing me to apply the credit I nabbed last week when our outgoing flight dropped by $10/person. Finally got it to work on my iPad, with a signal tethered from my phone. SO MUCH WORK lol but I was so afraid that if I waited until I got home to my computer, somehow the flight I wanted would not be available anymore!

I got our return flights for $104, minus the $10 credit. So whole trip came in at $274/person, which I think is probably about as good as I could do, given that we are going out on New Years Day! Both flights are non-stop and in the afternoon, so we don’t have to get moving super early OR arrive on either end super late.

2 Likes

Ok… so if the next drop is Sept 26, what do folks think about other airlines? Do they raise/drop prices right around that time, too?