Southwest Flight Schedules

I also think that this strategy is specific to Southwest! I’m not sure if that has been made clear.

Wait, is September open??

I am the crazy lady that has a back up one way car rental booked in case it looks like my flight will be snowed out- 10 days-$920. I can cancel that the day before

1 Like

Definitely specific to Southwest!

That’s helpful. JetBlue’s prices from EWR currently only go up to 3 Sept. My DS and I will fly from London on 4th…so DD could wait for the prices for the 4 th to be released … but maybe they won’t be any cheaper.

My parents are going to Aruba mid-Feb and are getting more and more nervous about the lack of snow. Starting to feel inevitable for some sort of snowmageddon soon.

1 Like

“crazy lady” Uhhh no. That’s called “being prepared” and a dedication to get there. If it wasn’t an 18hr+ drive (mainly on the way home), I would do the same thing.

I’d rather eat the penalty cost to cancel real late than do that drive home. :shudders:

Now if I could take a TRAIN all the way down and up… I’d definitely double book.

1 Like

I totally agree on the fee bags! I have been on a total of one flight where I didn’t check a huge bag (and I flew JetBlue on the way down, bought a giant Vera Bradley bag to check on the way home that was full since I flew home SW!)! I have some other strategies where I need to factor in additional items to the decision…like if I have a trip where DS needs to have a full day of school, I pay a little extra fly JetBlue from ORH since it’s 25 minutes from the house and you need to be there like 50 minutes before the flight and not 2 hours. If I want a full day to end the trip, I fly Southwest because they have really cheap late night flights. I have no brand loyalty!