Southwest fares on sale

I just checked fares on my existing flight to Orlando, and the price has dropped, again.
I changed my flight and took the credit (into Southwest’s Travel Fund, for future use).
If you have an existing Southwest flight booked, it can’t hurt to check.

2 Likes

Thank you! I had just checked earlier today and they hadn’t gone down. I changed to better times and got $13.50 in credit!

2 Likes

if my trip does somehow happen over memorial day…these are some sweet flight rates I have now. Another 4k pts returned plus $20 credit. That is $225 credit on my roundtrip and I’ve lost count of how many pts have been returned for the families flights, somewhere around 50k!

2 Likes

Bought mine the other day. Best prices I have ever seen. I budgeted $681 for flights. Got them at $315. Two tix, round trip. Sweet deal from SAT.

4 Likes

My flight went up. I’m not going to late August though so maybe there has been some reschedules to then making them more popular

Mine went down again today.

1 Like

Thank you! I was able to save ~$80 on some tickets I had been watching.

1 Like

Mine went down again today! $55 each back.

2 Likes

I can’t thank you enough…I just saved $1,180.00! :blush: I’m keeping my finger crossed to still fly to DW mid May.

5 Likes

I’m trying to figure out if there is any work around for expiring travel funds. We have about $200 each in funds that will expire In August, but we already purchased flights for our May trip (which is cancelled, just haven’t cancelled flights yet) and July (a cruise - which hopefully won’t get cancelled, but who knows at this point). So will have no other chance to use them before August.
If I use them to buy an April/May flight now and then cancel them, will it apply the extended travel funds that they just started or is that only for flights previously purchased?

I like the idea and it sounds like it could work, but I have no experience with actually doing that.
You may consider calling a Southwest agent first - they may just extend your expiration in light of current situations, or maybe give some insight if your plan would work.

1 Like

Travel fund expiry was extended to June 2021 in most cases from what I have heard. Check your SW account

1 Like

Thanks, they weren’t, the rep said it might take a couple of weeks

1 Like

Well Southwest just cancelled all my flights lol FML

Obviously if you still intend to travel this is not helpful, but if you have to cancel, since they canceled the flights they are required to give you a refund, including early bird if you purchased it if you ask them to.

I got a refund. Had to ask for it. There’s now only one flight departing per day. I still have travel funds from getting lower fares, with a current expiration date of 10/29/20 but they should be changing to June 2021 as well.