Southwest change fare thingie is back

Yes. Same thing.

Just an update to my situation. There was apparently a minor schedule change to my return flight and that might have caused a glitch in their system. I called them and after the reservation agaent pulled up my reservation and checked it I was able to access mine online again.

Also, I don’t recommend using the call back feature when you call them. It hung up on me 3 times.

1 Like

So thankful for this thread!

Got my “your flights have been changed” email today and was able to rebook for a more expensive middle of the day flight rather than post 11pm arrival with 4 young children in tow. The super late flight is what our budget allowed, and so we were prepared to stick with it, but SO GRATEFUL for a much more manageable day time experience with all my first time fliers! (DD9, DS8, DS6, DS4) Thanks liner friends for the pro tips!!

4 Likes

Has anyone see the change fare thingie lately? Last year we were able to change flights from connecting to nonstop when we got that notice but haven’t seen it this year at all.

I had it for one flight I had. They let me change once within parameters. It usually comes when they have to change the schedule after flights are booked. If they don’t have to change flights, it wouldn’t show up.

1 Like

I think the widespread change allowances are a thing of the past unfortunately,

1 Like