Southwest change fare thingie is back

The window seems to be later than 7/17, yesterday I got the red banner for our flights on 7/27. I did not get the banner for our 8/7 return flight though (the one I really need to change due to a wedding).

I got one on my 7/31 flight yesterday too as they had rejiggered the flights for that day and the one I had booked no longer existed. Going off Dans Deals for the date range as Iā€™m not sure if all flights that late in July were included or just specific ones. It does seem to fluctuate sometimes faster than he keeps up with on his site though. Actually just checked again and my June 18 and 22 flights do not have red bars any longer, only the 7/31. So maybe the wider offering for June-July is over?

1 Like

Bars were there early this morning (6am central) for my 6/14-6/23 dates and they are gone now!

our trip dates are 6/12-6/19ā€¦so a Saturday to Saturday

The only good thing about the crazy early flights is that our airport should be relatively empty and quiet at 4:00 AM (for a 5:30 AM flight) on a Saturday. Iā€™m pretty sure the only people there will be families going to WDW like us.

We will be keeping our travel agent updated on our flight numbers since weā€™ll be using DME. At least weā€™ll have all of our bags when we arrive at MCO and wonā€™t have to wait to have them delivered to us later on. Yes I am knocking on wood as I type this because I donā€™t want Southwest to lose our bags. :wink:

Hello! Itā€™s been a rough few months for my family, so I havenā€™t been keeping up like I should. I tried reading back through this whole thread but gave up! SW just changed our July flights that were timed to perfection to a later arrival flight. Is there any point in looking every day to see if other times open up, or are we just stuck with the new time? I will say, I am relieved that it is still nonstop!

I donā€™t think they will add any new flights in July, but if there are other flights now that you would prefer, you can change for free. But with Southwest I keep checking all the time anyway, so it might be worth checking now and then.

Thanks! Iā€™ll take a look. Iā€™m pretty sure weā€™re stuck with it. If I remember correctly, there were very few nonstop flights.

Iā€™m glad I checked in to this post before I booked airfare for my solo trip in September. I almost always fly SW out of PHL, but thereā€™s almost no nonstop flights but and Iā€™m a little concerned about all the shenanigans thatā€™s been happening. I donā€™t need the free bags this time as Iā€™ll be doing carry on only. I might just go with another carrier until SW gets itā€™s shit together.

2 Likes

It is disappointing the lack of nonstop flights with SW just now.

1 Like

And I just hate layovers. Every time you stop, youā€™re increasing the odds of a delay or a cancellation, or lost bags if your checking them through.
Plus Iā€™m noticing that SW is weirdly expensive compared to even the legacy carriers right now out of PHL.

1 Like

I have two legs each way on SW for my Aug trip. Iā€™m figuring something will be jacked before Iā€™m on my way. I donā€™t care so much on the way back but on the way there Iā€™m getting up at a ridiculously early hour to catch the first flight out of Ontario, California and have the plan to get into MCO around 3:30pm. I havenā€™t made any plans that day but Iā€™ll be less than pleased if I get bumped to a later flight.

2 Likes

Soā€¦I went to check my SW flight to Orlando on Aug. 21. It looks like they completely canceled my ONT-DEN leg of the flight to Orlando. On the way back they changed my departure time from Orlando to Phoenix by 10 mins (made it 10 minutes earlier) but the arrival in Phoenix is 45 minutes later. I donā€™t get it but whatever.

So now I get to try to construct a new flight to Orlando. Yay! What I really wish is that there was a red eye somewhere that I could get in at areasonabke time in the morning but the last red eye arrival is like 1:40am which, noā€¦

And of course I missed my rebook window. Oops!

Trying to follow the latest posts hereā€¦ Can anyone tell me if the change window has already passed for flights from 8/13-8/20? It looks like we may have a week opening up in August with all of our schedules and I have a resort reservation, but I have not booked any flights yet. I am wondering if this change opportunity will be happening again, or if the time has passed?

My August flights (7 and 14) do not have red bars right now. But itā€™s still far enough out that there is a possibility those dates will allow changes again. If you have a lot of points on hand or are just willing to take a chance, you could book something and just watch to see if the red bars appear.

1 Like

Last weekend my flights 7/26, 8/8, 9/21and 9/28 all had red bars and could be changed. This was the second time that has happened for the July and August flights, but the first for the September flights. By Monday morning the red bars were gone for all. Not sure if it will return again but I will let you know if it does.

1 Like

Itā€™s back for me snd our flights are now up to $600. HPE do they decide who gets bumped? I always jumped at when traveling solo but now with my kid no thanks!!! Getting a little nervous.

Thanks so much! I would really appreciate it.

1 Like

I have a banner again for my flight on 6/28.

This worried me about how they might be trying to further consolidate flights. We are already getting in over an hour later than planned. Which isnā€™t a big deal but if it keeps getting pushed later I worry about how that might impact our rental.

I am tempted to take the change option to fly in late the night prior on a nonstop and stay at the hotel in the airport. It would run me about $200ā€¦

Oh no!!! I have it again for my 6/14-6/23 flights. UGH. I really hope ours doesnā€™t get changed again.

There are no other flights that work for us and changing days isnā€™t an option. Iā€™m tempted to preemptively cancel and book with a different airline!

1 Like

Andā€¦ just realized that itā€™s not an option.

DD17 has her dance recital on Saturdayā€¦ unless itā€™s bad weather and then it moves to Sunday

I guarantee you if we move the flight to Sunday night it will be a monsoon here on Saturday and the whole thing implodes. Iā€™ll leave it on Monday morning.

Can anyone tell me what happens if you pick up your car rental later than you are booked ??