Southwest air: eb & credits

Hi I just realized that SW didn’t refund the fee I paid for EB check in, after I changed my flight to one operated by AirTran. Do they just credit your SW account instead? If so, where I can I see how much credit I have?

I couldn’t find it on their website.

Flashing the giant @Mr_Itty Signal in the sky for help…but happy to hear from anyone else knowledgeable. :smile:

From southwest:

What is EarlyBird Check-In?
Is EarlyBird Check-In refundable?
All EarlyBird Check-In purchases are nonrefundable. Customers who cancel their flight will forfeit the previously purchased EarlyBird Check-In option for that particular flight.

1 Like

what @PrincipalTinker said. That’s the primary reason I never buy EBCI. Once you’ve bought it, that money is gone, no matter what. :frowning:

Thank you. It never occurred to me it’d be non-refundable for transfers.

Not directly responsive to OP, but relevant- I’m not buying EB check in because I’ve decided that if strangers prefer to keep their seats and spend the flight with my kids, well, that’s their right! Lol. I won’t even try to convince them otherwise.

4 Likes

We were told by a SW agent that the EB shud be refunded when we changed our return flight to a later one operated by airtran. The reservation was not cancelled but changed. However, no refund yet. It took forever t8 get it another time. We changed our out flight to another SW and the eb just transferred.

1 Like

I know that your question was already answered but we booked an AirTran flight via Southwest and paid extra to choose our seat assignments. We ended up changing flights and were able to choose new seats without paying an additional amount because the original fee was refundable. So I guess the point that I’m trying to make is that advance seat assignment payment is refundable with AirTran and you don’t have to pay the $150 change flight fee when booked thru Southwest. Not sure whether or not the policies will remain the same or not after Nov. 1st but we were very happy to find this out.