Sorry, but here's another Trip Report!

It’s not a prank I don’t believe. It’s a St. Nick thing if it happened to be Dec. 6th.
This may help a bit…
https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/common/saint-nicholas

5 Likes

I see guys drinking beer at 6 am on fishing boats so you are a late starter. Beer and fishing boats don’t mix well for me so no thanks, but I would join you if I was there.

2 Likes

Yes, the shoes by the door were definitely for St. Nick.

I grew up in the Netherlands and my brother and I would put our shoes out the night of December 5 and they would be filled with candy by the next morning.

5 Likes

It was the morning of 6th, and I’ve never heard of that tradition.
I’m extra glad now that I didn’t mess with them.

Thanks for the explanation!

6 Likes

This was an excellent trip report and I am DELIGHTED that you’ll be back in 131 days – I very much hope you’ll recap that trip too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I support this decision 1,000%. What else is vacation for, if not for drinking a beer when you feel like it!

2 Likes

glad to see we are all in agreement and not judging @tuffgong

3 Likes

Thanks!
It was 131 from that day we left, it is now 82 as of today. Still too long

2 Likes

Cheers!

I’m so bummed that your trip is over…no more report. :frowning: You’ll be back 18 days before we arrive. Cannot wait to get back!

1 Like

so you will have done 3 trips before I get in my next one.
i was feeling sorry for you having to put your beer on a trashcan in Epcot…no more!

4 Likes

Yeah, first time with an AP so it worked out pretty good.
Fearful that it might be a while for a return following our April trip (when there shall be many TC Beers). With my daughter feeling the need to graduate and go off to college and all.

2 Likes

awww. I hear ya.

1 Like

LOL - Wayne is the Kaiser Soze of pin trading!

I was reading along and thought - this trip seems familiar - and then looked at the pictures again and yup, I was following your TR on the other board.

2 Likes

That’s a great analogy, wish I would’ve thought of it.

Yes, I put it over there too for the heck of it. This forum is my first love though, so no jealousy.

3 Likes

Trip report OVER!
I do like doing them though, and I very much appreciate all the nice comments (and snarky ones too).

Some random observations this trip…
The wifi at French Quarter is better than it was at Riverside our last time down. Wifi at Yacht seemed incredibly fast.

If you go this time of year, pay attention to the music everywhere. Always Xmas music but in a theme that matched where you were (jazzy, african, hawaiian, modern or old-times, etc).

Three different times I saw and recognized somebody (strangers) twice in different areas. Small world, huh?
get it, small world? c’mon that’s funny

Best parent-to-child remark that I heard… “you’re not earning trust right now”. I guess we all parent differently.

Best CM line that I heard while he was pressure washing sidewalk at Yacht…
He paused so that I could get by and said - “giving away free morning showers”

We did plenty on our previous trip 6 months ago, but still missed some things then that we wanted to do this time.
Some big ones that didn’t get done last time, but got done this trip…
MK Railroad
Space Mountain
Carousel of Progress
Spaceship Earth
Test Track
Toy Story Mania
Star Wars VR at the Void
We also did a bunch of smaller cool new things this time…

Still have a big list of un-dones to get accomplished on our next trip in April.
Graduating daughter is going then with her High School band, and the 3 of us are going too.
Along with another family that are very good friends.

It’s over Easter and it will be butt-crowded, but at least we won’t have the stress of “fitting it all in”.
We’ll manage. You know, trash can beers!

That trip might be the last that we use our APs. Three separate week trips, we got the value out of them for sure.

Side note…
Wife and I might try to sneak in an adult long weekend though.
Super long-shot, but why not dream?

14 Likes

That is an impressive view!

1 Like