Sooooo....What does one do with a looming expiring airline credit and DL ticket?

I have a $306.96 SWA credit that expires 1/27/23 and I have a Disneyland ticket (that only can’t be used on Saturdays) that expires 12/16/22. I feel I can’t just let these things go to waste…but I also feel how we all know this will grow cuz Disney math. What does one do?

They are both already in my name and I believe neither are transferable so I can’t offer them up or I would.

I have not done the Festival of the Holidays as last I went during the holiday period (Thanksgiving many moons ago) there was no Festival of the Holidays. So if I go, I’d go post 11/11 I think it was that that started. I’m already going on a cruise 1/6-1/13 so I’d go before then. Is this just too much, but how can one just let these things go to waste?

Also, do we think they are gonna bring back the Christmas party?

3 Likes

SWA recently changed their policies re travel funds - they no longer expire. And while your Disney ticket might expire, you can apply the value to future tickets. That being said, Holidays at DL are even more magical!

3 Likes

Is this for old purchases too or just new purchases that you cancel?

enabler! :wink:

3 Likes

Do I have to do it before it expires? I assume so because I didn’t use the party tickets and they fell off the app. I’d assume this one would too.

SWA says “Flight credits unexpired on or created on or after July 28, 2022 will not expire. No action is required on your part! If you have unexpired flight credits as of July 28, they will not expire and are available for you to use.”

As far as the DL tickets, you can apply the cost after they are expired, but you can’t do that with party tickets. In case they disappear take a screenshot of the ticket so you have proof.

1 Like

What does this mean, I only speak English.

3 Likes

cuz I’m going on a cruise in January! LOL. I did take lots of trips the last couple of years but in general speak I take 1-2 year so I was trying to work my way back to normal? Is that what that is…I don’t know anymore after covid!

3 Likes

I’m afraid you have zero choice in this matter and must regrettably take the trip to DL in December. :cry:

7 Likes

enabler! :wink:

I really want to check out the Aurora suite in Disneyland Hotel too and I can see it is open a night or two here or there…

3 Likes

I’m with Jeff, take the trip! December is lovely there.

3 Likes

Does anyone? :laughing: :rofl: :laughing: :rofl:

And for the very important record of this vote, I’m with Karen & Jeff. Always happy to be in either of their company.

3 Likes

Disney Math says I had a one day ticket and airline credit and now I have three days of tickets (the two I added with the hotel are hoppers with Genie):

I’m gonna try to save money on Sunday by spending the night with my auntie if she’ll have me. (She lives in Laguna Niguel). The suite didn’t have all three days available so if I can’t do that I’ll find somewhere cheaper to stay last night or ask a cousin (I have three of 'em there that are not still in college)…some of my family has to love me enough to put me up right!!! :wink:

5 Likes

You ace the test! :star: :sparkles:

2 Likes

I think it should have been a class in my major (Math). I would have got an easy A. I would have preferred this class to Multivariable Calculus.

I’ve made tentative touringplans that include Saturday just hanging out in my room (and I can just eat in the club lounge) until 4:30pm before heading to the parks. I love late night Disneyland and I’ve always wanted to try one of these themed suites in Disneyland Hotel so I’m gonna spend a day just enjoying it and pushing the button that makes Tink fly by the castle in the entry and the sink counters twinkle in the bathroom. I really love me some Disneyland. I seem to go more to WDW but DLR is really just better ya’ll.

4 Likes

I cannot disagree with this statement.

2 Likes

Can you tell me about using the monorail from DLH in the morning? Is it worth trying or should I just walk for EE?

1 Like

Do not take the monorail if you are trying to get there in the morning. It has never started in time, unless they have changed something. Just walk.

2 Likes

I agree with @Wahoohokie. If you are not worried about time in the AM, the Monorail is great. But, if you’re trying to rope drop, walking to the main entrance is best.

3 Likes

I am trying to make a decision for the last night since I can’t keep the suite as its booked. I’ll need to work from 6am-1pm before I head to the airport to catch my flight and checkout is at 11am of course so I’m trying to decide what’s best.
Options

1)Stay at Disneyland Hotel and
a) move into a standard room. Grab a quick coffee/pastry from the coffee shop (or is room service back?) and work from the room till 11am. Then go find a nice quiet spot in the lobby or outside by the pool to work till I have to head home. This is $517 plus the cost of breakfast and lunch OR
b)stay in club level so I can just graze from their breakfast and lunch spreads and work from the lounge once I have to check out. This is $820 but I can eat included (not that I think I’d spend $300 on a couple of meals by myself but staying club level is convenient…they have their own check in desk so they’d probably take care of my room transfer easily…not sure it’s worth the $300 though)
OR
2)Move to Grand Cali (I think they will move my bags for me Sunday too while I’m in the parks right?) and then I can use that entrance on Sunday too and have a shorter walk back to the room as well. Here I wouldn’t go club level because it’s $1200+ for a regular room and I just don’t think that’s worth it. I can order room service for breakfast and the lobby is amazing so I can work there or by the pool. This is $682 so priced b/w the two DLH options. That shorter back entrance back to the room that night and I could use it on my way into the park Sunday morning might be nice.

Paradise Pier is not currently an option because they don’t have food. I considered it because it’s only $387 and leaving DCA I can exit thru Grand Cali and take the short way back making it a shorter walk than DLH BUT since I have to work the next day I want convenient easy food. I suppose I could uber eats breakfast and/or lunch (Do they delivery from DD still?) If so, this does become an option simply because I have never stayed here so it checks it off the bucket list (probably do wanna come back once it’s rethemed to Pixar more).

WWYD?

1 Like