Something completely new at WDW-never seen before- ROTR Stand-by Wait time

What do we want?? Clickbait.

When do we want it?? The answer will shock you!

10 Likes

That really doesn’t make a difference. The capacity if the ride is the point with the lowest capacity. Everything else is just filler. The lowest capacity is the main part of the ride, so eliminating preshows wouldn’t make the wait times go down at all.

1 Like

My issue is little legs. I have a 9 year old. When we have little legs, people are always passing us. We do tend to get to the park early to be at or near the front of the pack, but we are rarely in the first group for anything. But I’ll keep my eye on it.

That’s when we jumped in. We’re timing it.

3 Likes

At 11:00

4 Likes

Lollipop picture from about 10-15 minutes ago

MDE is 75 minutes

2 Likes

As asked up above, will be curious to see if you get the full experience or if any/all preshow elements are dropped to keep things moving

I can’t recall - what is the per-hour capacity of this experience when it is running optimally?

2 Likes

17 minutes to here

6 Likes

So far, so good! 17 minutes and already to BB8.

5 Likes

@Dreamer
Please use spoiler tags… please… so the pictures are blurred…:grinning:

5 Likes

Holy cow! I think we DEFINITELY waited longer than that with a BG last fall.

2 Likes

I think it’s 1700 per hour optimally.

2 Likes

I know you’re having a grumpy day, so I don’t want to bother you. However, I have, literally, worked in Ops at rides. Turning off the preshows does increase guest flow. I’ve worked multiple attractions where guest get “held” in a preshow room (think FOP / Haunted Mansion)

I’ve witness plenty of times where the ride loading area is slow / ghost town because you’ve got 40 - 50 people in the preshow room.

4 Likes

Pics and wait times are good selling points for LL.

So sorry. I’m not tech savvy.

1 Like

Not if you’re following the Fab Five trip report.

1 Like

OK, in case no one already asked this, what is a lollipop wait?

The wait on the “lollipop” stand at the end of the line!

2 Likes

That is true if the “pinch points” are the pre-shows. But on ROTR, they aren’t. The part of the ride that most limits capacity is the main ride part. When that happens, you can eliminte ALL pre-shows, but you haven’t increased capacity in the slightest.

It is actually quite related to JIT manufacturing concepts. The book, “The Goal” is an excellent book on the subject, and translates well to this scenario.

4 Likes