Something completely new at WDW-never seen before- ROTR Stand-by Wait time

Not if you’re at the front of the pack.

4 Likes

But now we’re back to the same problem ROTR (and other rides) had from the start that led to the creation of the BG to begin with. People keep trying to arrive earlier and earlier, and soon you have a mass of people there just to try to be the first (which ends up NOT being the case for MOST of the people there). In the meantime, you have a sea of people.

1 Like

Isn’t there some kind of fallacy or something that applies to telling someone to get somewhere earlier so they can be first because if you gave everyone the same advice there is no longer an advantage in getting there an hour earlier because everyone is now also an hour earlier? I know there is a term for this I learned in school at some point but ya know school was a long time ago, LOL

I think the term you are looking for is, “crap shoot.” :wink:

5 Likes

It’s not different from FOP

The sea of humanity was eliminated NOT because of the line but as a pandemic precaution. Not going to get into whether things are better in that regard or not, and therefore whether this is appropriate or not. Just stating this as a point of clarity for why BG was developed.

Anyway, enjoy your day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looks like they have the extended queue set up now

The wait time 10 minutes ago was 220 minutes, MDE dropped back down to 180

7 Likes

The BG system was in place before the pandemic.

1 Like

There we go. More reasonable but probably still low. At 9:54…

5 Likes

Has anyone heard/does anyone know…

Are they scanning people’s tickets/MBs to limit access to the ride to once per guest per day? One of the ways they have been able to get so many people riding is by preventing re-rides…so, I’m just wondering if they are still enforcing that now that it is standby.

4 Likes

MDE now has wait time of 150 minutes at 10 AM. Let’s see how reliable the ride system is, will they have to shut down the ride, if so do they empty the queue or let people keep waiting.

With BG, they could just stop letting new groups in.

2 Likes

I stand corrected.

I also stand by that this is normal for high-demand attractions when standby is the only option and refer back again to FOP or even Slinky for that matter.

We may not like it. But it’s not abnormal.

And this is day 1. I’m one to be critical of WDW whenever appropriate. But for God’s sake let’s give it some time for assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention and then evaluation of this new workflow (where my nurses at?! :upside_down_face: )

8 Likes

Oh, I agree. Just being a bit grumpy today. I’ve got a headache. But I do think the craziness may even out after people settle in.

1 Like

You are??

:thinking:

:wink:

Hope your headache gets better.

FWIW I’m a little short myself because people are idiots in my work world and I’m pretty much over it by now.

4 Likes

I’m just waiting for you to start arguing for some better method to bypass the horrendously long line. A Quick Ticket or Swift Pass, shall we say, that let’s a user not have to wait in that long line. Just feel that’s the next logical step in your rant against the long standby lines… :rofl:

This is a nice setup to encourage folks to pay for LL$ though. Fairly brazen even for Chapek$…

4 Likes

:raising_hand_woman:

3 Likes

Nah. It would never work. :wink:

Actually, though, I’m in favor of a virtual queue system that people can get, ONE AT A TIME…and you can’t get another for another ride until you are done with your first. In this way, it is the same as having standby waits…just without the need to physically stand in the queue.

3 Likes

Down to 120 minutes on MDE

4 Likes

We’re here and it was that chaotic. This is why we went to the other side of the park. It was posted 220 minutes at one point.

1 Like

1 Like

Oh, I agree - really like the virtual queue mechanic, other than waking up at 7 anyway. I’m wondering if DIS felt they had too many folks walking the streets of HS and needed to queue them up? Although for DIS, folks not in line are more likely to be buying things so it seems counterproductive overall, at least until you get to LL$…

So they must think LL$ > lost revenues for RotR lines…

1 Like