Someone talk me down re: Feb rainy weather

It’s been about six years or more since I’ve had a WDW trip, and as a result I have been completely spoiled by the So Cal weather on all of my Disneyland trips. I have to keep reminding myself to pick up rain ponchos! For some reason, I am experiencing weather anxiety and imagining the rain putting a damper on our trip. Obviously, these are the thoughts of a crazy person. It’s not like it’s hurricane season, right?

2 Likes

Rain at Disney World is about as common as sunshine at Disneyland lol. Luckily February isn’t a particular rainy season and when it does rain it’s rarely so heavy that it requires you to leave. We were there in December, and while it did rain on several days it didn’t really affect our trip. Most of the time the rain was light enough we didn’t even bother getting out of it and most of the rides will stay open unless there is lightning, and even then it’s only the outdoor rides.

Some of the nice side effects of rain are that people tend to scatter. A lot of people are really put off by it and they hide under walkways and in shops so previously clogged walkways suddenly become open and clear. Then you have the really delicate ones that actually leave the park rather than risk getting wet so the line queues tend to go down a decent amount when it rains.

As long as you have the right expectations and preparations the rain won’t dampen your trip.

My grandmother used to joke around and tell us to go put our hands under warm water and that if it didn’t melt we weren’t made of sugar and would be fine in the rain.

3 Likes

Thank you! :relaxed: I am most likely just being a big old sissy but I’m so Type A that I wish I could control the weather forecast.

2 Likes

Hello there! I am heading over to Orlando in a couple of weeks for my third visit during February. Yes you might get a bit of rain, and yes you could well get a couple of chillier days, but no it’s nothing like dealing with the downpours in summer (although I quite liked those - lovely warm rain!). Make sure you bring a few items of warmer clothing and a poncho or light rain coat just in case. Job done, no worries! Honestly I found the weather in Feb to be lovely.

1 Like

My first visit to WDW was at the end of February five years ago. Most of the time the weather was fine – dry but cool. But it did rain a little too. This blurry picture is about as bad as it got. I hate the rain, but it wasn’t bad enough to stop me from enjoying myself.

You guys are the best. I am so excited! Let me tell you, Disneyland vacations really do put you out of touch with reality re: actual weather patterns :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Love the picture! ToT looks especially spooky against the rainy sky!

3 Likes