Some of the good news

To add to this, I love that we can use gift cards to pay through mobile ordering now

3 Likes

By the time we get to return the Disney Rewards card will pay for more than just a splurge mealā€‹:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Itā€™s sadly apparent we can add rank sloth to the already long list of louchely degenerate behaviors you evince with such enthusiasm. A person of more upright character would take a more fiscally prudent trip of no more than three days. The shorter time would focus oneā€™s mind on the devotion to seeing only the most sacred of the sacred spaces, setting a sunup-to-sundown pace of grim determination that is the mark of the truly faithful. Instead youā€™ll likely fritter away much of this time on revolting displays of wretched excess like ā€œtable service meals.ā€

5 Likes

Love this thread. Iā€™m needing some positivity.

1. We had some DVC points that we were going to lose this year so we were able to save 2 nights at a hotel to get a studio at the Poly. Weā€™ve never stayed there and itā€™s been on my bucket list.
  2. We got a cheap price on flights to MCO for a 7-day trip. Then United started rearranging the flight schedule and made a mess of it. We were able to move our departure out one day for an 8-day trip at the same price.
  3. I have mixed feelings on the parks being open later, because I was looking forward to being back at the resort and getting to bed earlier, but it does give us the option of swimming before going to the parks and then staying later.
  4. I love the idea of cavalcades rather than a full parade. I never wanted to stay and wait to see parades before COVID.
2 Likes

I imagine myself breaching the borders of such places on a daily basis when I finally get back there.

2 Likes

This is probably my favorite new thing youve listed :grin:

It is nice to read through everyoneā€™s ā€œgood newsā€ items.

I know for myself, as Iā€™ve become focused on what has been taken away, it can start to creep into your enjoyment of the upcoming trip. But when I started looking at the positives happening, it changed my attitude.

It may have been Dr. Phil who said, ā€œChange your attitude, change your day.ā€

:slight_smile:

But Iā€™m in a quandary now. Last night, we were watching a DFBGuide on recent news, and AJ highlighted the Lunching Pad opening up. But she focused on the JalapeƱo Pretzel moreso than the Cream Cheese pretzel. So which do I choose? (Yeah, I knowā€¦the answer SHOULD be ā€œbothā€ā€¦but there are so many things we are planning on trying, Iā€™m afraid if I get them all Iā€™ll come back weighing an additional 15 lbs. I donā€™t have the metabolism of @Randall1028 after all!)

2 Likes

Get both and share both with DW. youā€™ll end up eating only one. Problem solved.

1 Like

They have both??!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: Oh this is getting better and better. The jalapeno one is not spicy. Its got just a bit of the flavor. I would go for that one. Correction, I WILL go for that one. If you have 2 days at MK and you could try for a reg cream cheese filled the second go round.

2 Likes

Good for you! I remember you having to cancel your trip in august. Iā€™m glad your giving covid the big ā€œFUā€

1 Like

1.Since my Solo trip became a trio trip I was able to afford the upgrade from POP to Caribbean Beach. Iā€™ve never stayed at a moderate resort so Iā€™m very intrigued about enjoying a little more fancy.
2. Delighted that the egg roll cart is open and school bread is back. Iā€™ve never tried the egg rolls.
3. Looking forward to trying dinner at The Wave. I seem to make reservations for every trip to eat here and it never pans out.
4. The snacksā€¦ ALL THE SNACKs
5. By the time Iā€™m done with this trip, I should have enough Disney Reward points to pay in full my next tripā€™s hotel stay, and possibly upgrade to CB if I like it next week. Free hotel, Free plane tix, all I need to pay for in january is food.
6. Iā€™m leaving my husband and kid at home this timeā€¦ girls trip! (disclaimer, as much as I love both of them, mama needs a break)
7. SIX DAYS!!!

9 Likes

my first Solo trip in 26 days: positives
Yorkshire fish shop opened on weekends
the egg roll cart is open!
Gastonā€™s tavern
For now, an early first day unless flight changes again
First time at food & wine and looks like they continue to add fruity beersā€¦

great thread!

6 Likes

After I started this thread, I was a little bummed that some of my good news items were only available on weekends.

But I see now that The Lunching Pad is open on weekdays (go-go-gadget pretzels!).

And I also see that Kringlaā€™s Bakery is opening up fully as well (go-go-gadget school bread!).

There also seemed to be evidence, based on DFBGuide, that the Yorkshire County Fish shop will be opening on weekdays as well.

Further news (yet to be confirmed) is that there are signs Woodyā€™s Lunch Box is being prepared to open.

Watching Prince Charming the other day, he encountered the Egg Roll cart open on a weekday! It was just opening on weekends previously, so hopefully it remains that way.

One thing we havenā€™t heard yet is to know if all the food booths for the Festival of the Holidays will be open during the week.

But more and more good news in the pipeline as our trip nears.

2 Likes

DFB posted yesterday that they would be open weekdays

Harambe Market is opening too

Oh yeah! Thatā€™s right. Forgot about that one.

I missed that! That is good news, since we wonā€™t be in Epcot on a weekend for this trip!

Already having trouble deciding on foodā€¦and more options are being added :joy::joy: My friend started a spreadsheet to keep track.

Iā€™m looking forward to the Cream Cheese Pretzel. I only had it for the first time in January- and was so disappointed it was not available in September.

Was sad to learn it was weekends only- as we go to MK on a Thursday & Mondayā€¦so was thrilled to learn they are open all week again :smiley:

4 more sleeps! (Sleep #5 will be on Red Eye flight)

2 Likes

Following up on thisā€¦appears that it might only be opening 5 days a week (at least for now)ā€¦Wednesday through Sunday. We can make that work, though, as one of our Epcot days falls in that window.

1 Like