Solve this puzzle

Solo day planning- I very much want to make all the pieces fit (FOMOm fo life) but i can’t figure out the most elegant way

Parameters:
9a-530p Tuesday, March 9
starting and ending point: AKL Jambo
No car but happy to Uber

Wants:
Stroll and smell the roses in MK. Focus on the details, watch the country bears, ride the river boat, see TSI, have a waffle, just generally do things my impatient crew makes hard. Would be only MK time on trip.

Hagrid’s. I have an AP I won’t use otherwise, and I don’t even care to ride anything else, but I am dying to experience the magical motorbike. This one is the most time consuming and confusing, but probably what I’d like to do most. Who knows if there’ll be a VQ, and there is EA at 8.

Gideon’s. choc chip cookies are my favorite food in the universe, and the only day this works in our schedule is after a homecomin’ late lunch… and I can’t imagine leaving homecomin’ with an appetite to stand in line for a cookie; my DH def would not be down (if it were bourbon…)

Flower & Garden - we are going to Epcot the next day, but not to take in the topiaries or snacks or WS shopping (DH generally doesn’t want to linger in parks. ride and leave. sigh), just to hit a few rides. Last year I spent most of my solo day in WS, but F&G hadn’t started yet.

I could bus to MK, uber to DS by 1130, uber to UO by 1, and then hit epcot on the way back if I have time… but that just sounds like a lot of time in an uber.

No matter how I plan it, I can’t do all this in 8ish hours. Anyone want to make all the pieces of the puzzle fit for me??? I know Hagrid’s is really the issue, but dang it, I want to ride it.

My decision fatigue is hitting hard and I’m tired.

2 Likes

Solution: add another day or three :grin:

9 Likes

You have to do it this way:

1. Hagrid’s (Uber). Get there as early as necessary. Wait as long as the line is. Should only be 50 minutes at park opening.

2. DS (Uber). On your way back from UOR, stop by DS and grab a Gideons.

3. MK (Bus). Do TSI first in case it closes early.

4. Epcot (Bus). Spend the balance of your time there. Park closes at 8pm. Keep in mind that festival booths aren’t always open on weekdays.

Then head back to AKL by bus.

6 Likes

I knowwwwww

3 Likes

I think you nailed it.

3 Likes

2 Likes

What is TSI?

1 Like

Tom Sawyer Island

2 Likes

Perfect.

1 Like

this would be perfect, except: babysitter isn’t coming til 9, and i have to be back by 530. I’ll be behind everyone w/ early entry at IOA for Hagrids. Which is why it’s such a wrench.

1 Like

Ah that is a problem. But I still think your best bet is to take this approach. By doing Hagrid’s first, you will know how long you can spend on the remaining steps when you get there. And since you’re going to Epcot the next day, putting that last will give you the best opportunity to complete the * must dos* that you simply can’t get to the next day.

4 Likes

I like this. My very tired brain thanks you.

2 Likes

Well since you are at Epcot the next day I would not try to do anything there that day and sneak away to look at things you want to on the day you are already there.

Also Epcot opens at 11:00 on that day and Gideon’s opens at 10:00 so u could rope drop Gideon’s and then go to Epcot.

3 Likes

I am 100% here for the concept of rope dropping a cookie.

5 Likes

So, DH requested a massage this afternoon, and since we did HS yesterday, we only need a couple of hours there this am for DD to see Elsa and minnie, and for a sci fi adr.
I have from about 2-6 to accomplish some of this.
So, which is easier on a Sunday afternoon?
Hagrids?
Gideon’s VQ?
MK exploring?
Epcot on the first F&G weekend?

1 Like

Avoid Epcot.

2 Likes

I think I might try hagrid’s, just so tmw I can stay in the bubble. I’ll just keep an eye on whether there is a vq and make a game time decision.

1 Like

I would do Hagrid’s since that is the biggest wild card. Get it done so you won’t be as stressed about everything else.

2 Likes

I’m gonna Uber over there and try to get vq from city walk. Here’s hoping.

1 Like

The only cookie I love more than a chocolate chip, is an oatmeal chocolate chip. I think the law of hassle to goodness would deem it appropriate for you to hit Gideon’s while you are at the springs after Homecomin, and then save them for later. You can check the virtual queue and time it if needed while you are at Homecomin. A few seconds in a microwave is all you’ll need to bring them close to “in store.”

Just an opinion to chill your solo day out a little, and hopefully easily remove a step, but retain a key component.

4 Likes