Solo trip report day #2

I thought that at first too haha

2 Likes

When we visit in sweaty months, I pack double and/or do laundry more often because the humidity and sweat factor requires a mid day wash up and fresh clothes. You might even need a third round depending on your plans!

So, what are your plans? :popcorn:

2 Likes

Final count: SDD x3, AS2, TSMM, breakfast @ Woody’s, RnRx3, ToTx3.

They weren’t even showing the pre-show for RnR. ToT was sending half empty elevators through.

I had planned to hit ST but my feet are sore. My fav sandals got soaked last night so I wore my backups. They are just not up to par. Hopefully my good pair are dry by this evening!

8 Likes

I can’t thank you enough for your feedback on RD this morning. We will be there on the 19th and I’ve been worried about how crowded it will be.

I’m feeling confident leaving Pop at 6am.

4 Likes

AK tonight. I have a FOP on DH ticket I am going to transfer over. Also want to do Safari, EE, and ROL. Maybe go to Nomad to eat. I am going to try to do FOP right at park close too to see the queue. My FP don’t start until 4:30 so I have a ton of time!

5 Likes

Definitely don’t miss this. Maybe while over at Safari, sit at Dawa a while and enjoy some streetmosphere.

Have a great nap! :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m so glad it was helpful! To the best of my knowledge that was the first bus of the day. 7am EMH today. I will say that I am a solo adult, so I was able to walk very quickly and weave between foot traffic, but overall hopefully your experience will be similar!

3 Likes

I will have a 17yo and 12yo w/ me so we will move a little slower, but I expect not much.

1 Like

I’m wondering if it’s because so many people were up late for the FW at MK?

2 Likes

But a French Toast sandwich with a 95% humidity might not fair so well!

Okay. I don’t use “LOL” lightly, but when I read your misunderstanding of the humidity in reference to the french toast, I did, quite literally, “LOL”! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This really has me re-thinking our trip in 2 weeks. I was thinking that RD would be like Pandora and I was going to skip the chaos. But now it seems worth it (if I can convince the family).

5 Likes

How was it?

It was okay. Kind of dry. I’m glad I only got the kids version (half sandwich). My tator tots were hot & crispy.

The tator tot breakfast bowl looked very yummy.

4 Likes

Just woke up from a refreshing 3 hour nap.

Found out Grandpa was extubated today & is being transferred for surgery consultation at a larger hospital. He is overall doing very well, just still can’t eat. Basically his esophagus has stopped working properly & his entire throat was full of partially chewed food up to the very top. It had to be removed piece by piece which took 3 rounds of surgery to complete. The swelling is going down, so now they can let him breathe on his own. Just have to make a long-term decision on what to do. He also has developed afib, so that will have to be addressed as well. Overall he is a very healthy 78 year old. So prognosis is good :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Oh my goodness! I’m glad he is improving.

Nice nap! What are you doing for the next little while?

1 Like

Not sure. I am hungry. I may just head to AK early and relax until my 4:20 FP. I’m not much for pool time really. My feet are quite tired so tonight needs to be a slower pace.

2 Likes

Slowly meandering in AK = my kind of afternoon.

1 Like

Well good thing I had time because I left my MB in the room and of course my spare too :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Let’s try this again.

Also the weather is much more pleasant right now than when I left the park this morning. There is a breeze, the humidity has dropped a bit. Looks like rain may be headed in but I am ready with my poncho!

9 Likes

what sandals are those?