Solo strategy for MNSSHP

Perfect! I wasn’t sure how that worked.

1 Like

When you arrive you’ll see that they have a section of the taps reserved for MNSSHP entry. That’s where the line will grow beginning by 3:30 if not earlier. They really do not seem to open those taps before 4 on the nose IME. So it can be kind of hot standing there in the sun. But if you want in right away it could be worth it.

4 Likes

I’m trying to decide if it’s worth it to get there that early. How quickly does the line clear? If I get there at 4:15-20, would I walk right in? I’m not rushing to get to a character. Just going to hit some rides.

1 Like

This is such an accurate description.

I’ve actually never tested that…I always get into that crazy pack, even though we’re not doing characters either

2 Likes

I really do want to meet Mickey. It’s been too long! I don’t care if it’s before the party or during. (My preference is before, so my plan has me stopping on Main Street as I enter.)

I’m doing a solo MNSSHP too, but mine is on Labor Day. Going to follow this thread so I know what to do.

2 Likes

I’d love it if you would report back after your party and share your experience.

2 Likes

I’ll try. I’ll spend a few Sundays the weeks before my trip combing through everything I can find online to make some sort of plan.

Definitely take the time to meet Mickey! It’s step 1 on my plan too :wink:

1 Like

If I end up going on 8/29 I’ll also report back.

1 Like

I have 139 minutes of free time during the party with the plan I have now. I might try to squeeze in meeting the Tweedles and the Queen of Hearts. Maybe Pooh and friends later in the night depending on the wait times. So many characters are in Halloween garb on the Halloween on the High Seas cruise that I can swing by to get a peek at them (ie Jack and Sally, Jack Sparrow, Hook and Smee, the new Sanderson Sisters) during the cruise.

I might just use some of that free time just to take in the scenery.

1 Like

That’s just barely 2 hours.

Pooh and friends is doable later in the evening without a terrible wait (I met them after fireworks)

But otherwise definitely DO leave plenty of time to just take it in.

I have about 20 - 30 minute gaps between multiple steps - especially after shows and a QS break. That’s my time to look around a bit…

I’m glad I’ve chosen the seasonal offerings! Plus, I think by taking your recommendation to do the first parade, I’ll have plenty of time at the end of the night to walk-on more rides!

I’m getting so excited!! I’ve always wanted to see the “Boo to You” parade. (In person) After hearing Len call it Disney’s best parade, this morning on Disney Dish, I can’t wait!

My next morning is a Volcano Bay day. I can wander over there whenever I want. I plan on staying at MK to shop and browse until I have to go / crowds thin out. I hope to get back to the hotel by 2am!

3 Likes

Oh it’s SO good! You’re going to love it! And yes - I nodded in agreement with Len this morning as I moved through my morning routine!

2 Likes

Uhhhh…I haven’t even considered a plan yet for my solo party night in September…:face_with_spiral_eyes::rofl:

2 Likes

Well you’ve come to the right thread! :smiley:

3 Likes

Do I need more free time than that? During the party I’ve got parade, Cadavar Dans (won’t watch the whole 15 minutes and won’t get there 15 minutes prior to them starting), fireworks, and the Villain Spectacular at midnight. I put in a stop at Friar’s Nook for the buffalo chicken handpie. Pirates and Haunted Mansion are the only rides I have on the TP for during the party.

Unless it moved it’s not there. It was at Golden Oak Outpost last year.

I think your free time seems fine. I just am
Cautioning against over scheduling.

1 Like

Yes, it has moved.

2 Likes