Solo holiday trip report 12/1-12/5

You’re not married to my DH! LOL! Seriously, though, we have a policy of not looking at our phones when we are eating. There are other times, though, that I could post…

1 Like

Well with Hs kinda played out for the day(and waiting for night stuff) heading over to Epcot for a few hours. Looks like HS wins the decorations race.

4 Likes

The UK pavilion in Epcot is so unrealistic. Why isn’t it raining? Why aren’t the people looking miserable and arguing about Brexit?

Also Oliver Cromwell banned Christmas in 1644. That’s why you’re not seeing any decorations.

9 Likes

Well if it makes you feel any better, it was “predicted”, with the accuracy that only tv weather personalities can provide, to be thinderstorming all day.

Clearly they nailed it once again.

3 Likes

Also, I can’t help but think when I see pictures like this “how are those people there?” Like, why are those kids not in school?

More specifically, why am I not there?

Double also, the weather looks great. Very encouraging.

3 Likes

2:39 and I’m kinda feeling it, so it’s back to the hotel to recoup for the party. So much hot cocoa awaits, I must prepare… somehow… no idea how but I’ll think of something.

Did meet an elderly couple from philly. Nice folks, boughtem a pretzel cause I could use a little good karma to direct at mom ( not doing all that great since I left. Figures).

9 Likes

Sorry your mum isn’t doing too well.

2 Likes

Do you think she is missing you?

1 Like

Oh, I’m sorry. :frowning:

1 Like

Oh absolutely.

I do not use my phone during meals - I do take some meal photos. I post while in line or while waiting during a break of one sort or another.

But yes, different groups have different levels of tolerance for this kind of thing. You gotta do you and be good to your group! Definitely no issues with that during solo time :smiley:

2 Likes

What do you mean? They cleverly placed that one guy in the lower left of the frame wearing a hawaiian shirt. Obviously they are working hard on theming.

2 Likes

Sorry your Mom is off. I hope she’s feeling better soon!

1 Like

Thanks. :frowning:

Anywho, caught a nap and was up at the bus stop within 10 minutes, just as the MK bus was nearly finished loaded. Perfect timing

Bailing on the remnants of my Hs plan today cause it’s not dark yet. I’ll pick it up tomorrow.

5 Likes

5:15 I’m in the kingdom. You know, in general I haaaate Christmas parties. This will likely be the one of very few that I’ll enjoy.

I like that. :smiley:

10 Likes

Sorry your mom is not doing well since you left. I hope she starts feeling better soon. How sweet of you to buy a couple a pretzel. So thoughtful!

1 Like

Well, it’s not Apple cider… but it’s close, right?

And this folks is why you always mobile order! This line could be yours to enjoy otherwise.

6 Likes

Yeah, and to her I’m away on business. Hate lying to her, but it’s better than @im having fun without you!”

3 Likes

Annnnd heeeere we go…

9 Likes

We’re those people that would take their kids out of school- not when they got older, but did it plenty when they were in grade school. One’s a nuclear engineer, one is getting her Phd in psych and the youngest is a sophomore in aero engineering.so I don’t think we screwed up too badly.

1 Like

Suuuurrrrrrre. Are we to believe a little bougainvillea in the background is proof that pic was taken in AK?:joy: