Solo holiday trip report 12/1-12/5

Duuuude, cmon, that’s like reason #3 of going solo: to slow it all down and really take in the details. :wink:

2 Likes

I’m promising myself I’m going to do that this year!

1 Like

Well just remember, it’s reason 3. Right behind #1 : “do what YOU want to do” and 2: “don’t have to listen to anyone.”

4 Likes

Yyyyyyyeah, it’s so cold I’m bailing on the sleepy hollow idea in favor of a plaza breakfast (they had seating)

4 Likes

Woo hoo, cancelled my splash mountain fpp (cause lol no) and was able to snag a 7dmt in its place(someone must’ve just cancelled cause it wasn’t there 2 minutes ago)

4 Likes

Good breakfast plan is good. Get Mickey waffles AND a discount while staring at the castle.

10 Likes

Womp womp. 7dmt went down again just as I was at row sorting. Ah well, maybe next time.

1 Like

Oh! Fun detail: momento Mori’s eye follows you (just noticed that this morning)

7 Likes

Skippers canteen offfering hot apple “cider” in lobby. I’m down with that.

4 Likes

Something else I’ve been trying to do on our trips now that we’ve been a few times (along with slowing down and noticing things like the statues) is to take different routes. Efficiency is my default mode, and that means I take the quickest route normally, but then I’ve realized I’m missing seeing things from a different perspective. And sometimes that ends up with awesome new vantage points, like this one

6 Likes

I love being chilly/cold at WDW! I hate being hot (that is anything above 75 degrees) and sweaty there, the cold is wonderful, enjoy it!

2 Likes

I’m the same way. I’m hoping it’s cool when I’m there in SIXTEEN days! I don’t want it to be freezing, but 40-60 would be great!

2 Likes

Cold is fine, cold + wind is where I start tapping out. And that’s how it was this morning. Warming up now though… just in time to leave to catch my tragical express. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

:frowning: I’m upset for you…

1 Like

Agree! It is 27 degrees at home, so 40-70 sounds perfect. Packing was weird/harder though, for spring break we need 2 outfits a day and only warm weather clothes, this trip I packed jeans, capris, shorts, sweatshirts, sweaters, a light and heavier rain coat, and even thin gloves. Also flip flips, Keens, and 2 pair of regular shoes to be warn with jeans and socks.

3 Likes

My good friend @JuliaMc just said the same thing about the wind! Hopefully the wind dies down for you both.

1 Like

That’s essentially what we will be doing. Although DH and DD are super skinny and are cold natured, so they will have warmer clothes than I.

1 Like

Just catching up, but what a great report and pics. I hope you have a great last day.

1 Like

On the bus now. Cut it as close as one can. But I had to catch the Dans before I left MK!

4 Likes

Sorry to see your trip over. I hipe you have a good flight. And more I hope that things will be looking good when you get home.

1 Like