Solo holiday trip report 12/1-12/5

Beautiful pictures!

1 Like

We will be there too!!

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about your mom. But seems like the trip was the perfect length. I love all the photos!

1 Like

The holiday finale of illlumintations is nothing short of awe inspiring. That was completely insane.

Oh and that blur in the center of the candlelight chorus folks is none other than Neil Patrick Harris. Didn’t even know he was going to be here in person, thought it wa going to be a recording. That was petty cool.

11 Likes

Yep, there are all in person! Your photos are beautiful. Glad you didn’t have to leave early!

1 Like

Boardwalk and beach club decorations

17 Likes

Yay, you made it to the gingerbread displays!

I’m sorry to read about your mom. Here’s to your last day being magical and a safe trip home.

For DAH, I’m not a big complainer about stuff here, but I would complain on this one. That’s not cool. :rage:

Looking forward to illuminations later this week!

1 Like

On the [stupid long] bus ride back to the hotel. So it seems like a good time for the wrap up. After what can only be described as a completely disappointing morning and afternoon, it was kinda fun throwing together a completely last minute schedule for the night. The above photo of all the show times (and my “notes”) is why I do things in spreadsheets when I can. :wink: In the end, though, it was a total success, the only thing I missed was the band in Morocco because they didn’t put on a show.

After the spectacular illuminations performance, I grabbed a pizza over at the boardwalk (not bad at all) and a coffee from beach club. Got back into Epcot and was able to catch a final ride on spaceship earth before it’s closed for its extended time.

Then, it was off to take some photos around Epcot to wrap up the night.

Tomorrow is at MK, and then to home.

11 Likes

Heh, got back to the room to find my goodies were arranged.

…I think it’s a reindeer? Maybe…no idea. Still… better than nothing which is what I’ve had all week.

12 Likes

Gorgeous pics! I’ve got no idea what that is either, reindeer seems like a good guess.

1 Like

Super-jealous you got NPH. Is that the full choir behind him? It seems small.

I keep trying to make it something…but can’t. :joy: I’d be excited that they did anything though too!

1 Like

Oh, no. That’s just the “tree” section. There’s 2 large groups flanking

1 Like

Canceled my bog res. Just wasn’t feeling it and a sleepy hollow inn breakfast should do the trick.

It’s friggin cold! Breezy and like 55 Fahrenheit. I’m in long sleeves and pants in the magic kingdom and it’s so strange.

9 Likes

Just thought: the cold might allow me to rope drop 7dmt a few times. People might be slow getting here this morning.

1 Like

Haha … maybe not. The crowd is already huge at that gate. Doesn’t take a genius to figure out where they’ll be heading.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Glad to hear this as the SW show isn’t on while we’re there.

1 Like

Yeah I’m a bit bored :rofl:

9 Likes

I didn’t even know any of those little statues were there. I’m always too busy rushing to my next rude.